PDA

View Full Version : Would your rather polish hard paint or soft paint?

Pages : 1 [2]

Thomas Dekany
10-26-2012, 09:56 AM
Hard paint here - with the compounds that are available to us, hard is less stressful for me.

blackhawk777
11-02-2012, 08:30 PM
Definitely the super hard clears. I`d rather work on a spot for hours and still have plenty of paint left to work with over a super soft one that burns through in seconds.

skibik
11-03-2012, 12:18 AM
I am new to the detailing world. So for that matter I would have to say hard as there would be less chance for me to mess it up.

:inspector:

Rocket
11-03-2012, 09:43 AM
I`d much rather polish hard paint. Super soft paint is a pain

TroyScherer
11-03-2012, 04:34 PM
I voted for the Hard paint. I would rather make multiple passes to get my desired results then to have to worry about marring the finish just by whipping the polish off.

BobbyG
11-06-2012, 07:13 AM
I`ve found that harder paints allow the tech to more slowly "sneak up" on perfection and the paint itself seems to finish better.....:bigups

Orinda Auto Detail
11-08-2012, 08:14 PM
After doing the water spot from hell hyundai which had really hard paint I was thinking well hard paint can suck too. But right now I`m working on porsche with super soft paint and it`s so annoying. It`s easy to step aggression and if all else fails thats why the detailing gods gave up high grit sand paper. On the flip side I`ve used 4 packs of brand new MF`s and I want to pull my hair out because I`m scratching it everytime I breath to hard :wall