PDA

View Full Version : Pinnacle Signature and Pinnacle Black Onyx Tire Review

Pats300zx
10-21-2012, 09:04 AM
I just wanted post a review on the new Pinnacle Signature APC and Pinnacle Black Oynx Tire Dressing. The products were tested on my 2006 Dodge Ram. The tires are relatively new and are Cooper Zeon LTZ’s. I have not applied any type of silicone based tire dressing to them since purchasing. So far I have used Zaino Z16 and PB Bold and Bright. Thanks again to Nick for sending the products to me and allowing me to test them. Thanks also to Corey and Mike for the review format.

Product: Pinnacle Signature All Purpose Cleaner (APC)
Cost: $14.99

Product Description (from Autogeek website):

Pinnacle Signature All Purpose Cleaner can safely clean virtually any surface ranging from food stains on delicate leather to tar residue on paint. If it’s a dirty surface that can be cleaned, Pinnacle Signature All Purpose Cleaner will clean it better than anything else available. It is the pinnacle of all purpose cleaners.

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/autogeek_2233_169560412

Product: Pinnacle Black Onyx Tire Dressing
Cost: $19.99

Product Description (from Autogeek website):

Pinnacle Black Onyx Tire Dressing utilizes a water-based formula free of harsh solvents so it not only restores the deep, dark shine to your tires, it protects them too!

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/autogeek_2233_170235040

Application of Products and Directions:

1) I initially started by cleaning the tires with Pinnacle Signature mixed at a dilution of 5:1. The directions state it can be mixed at full strength, 5:1 for heavy duty cleaning, and 10:1 for light cleaning (interiors etc). I sprayed directly onto the direct and let it dwell for about 2 minutes and cleaned the tire with a Tuff Shine tire cleaning brush (love this thing).

2) Once the tires were cleaned and dryed I applied Pinnacle Black Onyx Tire Dressing with a foam app. I applied two coats since I like a slight gloss on my tires.

My thoughts and observations

1) Pinnacle Signature is a very nice APC. It had no harsh chemical smell and cleaned extremely well. I feel it holds its own in comparison to other APC’s like Meguiars and Opticlean. I will do some further testing on interiors and carpets.

2) Pinnacle Black Onyx applied easily and left a very nice gloss for two coats. No sling at all after driving. I will try and report back on it’s durability and how it holds up in rain.

All and all I found my results and feelings on the products to be comparable to other reviews that I have already been posted. Both are an excellent and great addition to the Pinnacle line.

Tires Cleaned

http://www.detailcity.org/gallery/data//500/Pinnacle_Tire_1.jpg

Tires Dressed

http://www.detailcity.org/gallery/data//500/Pinnacle_Tire_2.jpg

ihaveacamaro
10-21-2012, 10:07 AM
Great review, as always!

I wonder if you could do a quick test for me? When cleaning tires, I like to have clingy foam, as it seems to work better. I`ve wondered if an APC could be put made to foam if you sprayed it through a nozzle that foams?

If you can`t test it no worries, I`ll be back home tomorrow and will try it asap!

Pats300zx
10-21-2012, 10:57 AM
I have to dig up one of my foaming spray heads and give it a try. Great idea though.

mjlinane
10-21-2012, 12:46 PM
Great review, Pat!!

Orinda Auto Detail
10-21-2012, 02:16 PM
Nice review pat! You think the APC is strong enough to unstain brown tires? I only ask because I usually would use mags wheel brightner(acid) But I had an incident with one of my guys not noticing the aluminum rims attached the brown tires.... But I`ve never found anything else that worked as well.

TroyScherer
10-21-2012, 04:34 PM
Nice review Pat. I personaly would love to see a 50/50 with the gel version as well.

Do you personaly prefer spray or gel tire dressings? I am sure this has some impact on how well you or anyone else will like a product.

Pats300zx
10-21-2012, 05:45 PM
Do you personaly prefer spray or gel tire dressings? I am sure this has some impact on how well you or anyone else will like a product.

Troy I use spray dressings primarily. I only use gels on low profile tires like on my 350Z. I might have an old bottle of Black Onyx gel. I can try and do a comparo.

Dr Oldz
10-21-2012, 08:30 PM
Nice review Pat!

Todd@RUPES
10-22-2012, 08:09 AM
Great review and nice pictures, thank you for sharing!

Todd@RUPES
10-23-2012, 05:49 AM
Troy I use spray dressings primarily. I only use gels on low profile tires like on my 350Z. I might have an old bottle of Black Onyx gel. I can try and do a comparo.

I would like to see this comparison.

Bunky
10-23-2012, 07:07 AM
Thanks Pat!