PDA

View Full Version : Did some testing of the Meg`s Diamond Cut 2.0 today

Reflectiveauto
10-04-2012, 10:45 PM
Well it was a 3 way test comparison of the Megs Ultimate Polish, Megs Fine Scratch Remover #2 and Megs #85 Diamond Cut 2.0. The 1st 2 compounds did ok but the Megs #85 reigned supreme and even took out some deep scratches that the other 2 could not take care of. Btw I used the Megs #85 with a Griots DA 6" with a Orange pad it worked great. The word on the web or if you call Meguiars they say you can only use it with a Rotory Buffer and a Wool pad...That is not correct at all. I took plenty of pics and video with I have to upload.

Old Pirate
10-05-2012, 04:08 AM
Any side by side photo`s of the results?

Todd@RUPES
10-05-2012, 07:41 AM
Looking forward to the pictures. If I remember correctly, Meguiar`s used to recommend DC2.0 for a rotary only because it would leave a high level of haze on the paint (micromarring) with a DA.

At one point, DA polishers were considered armature tools, so the thought of an amature getting bad DA haze (and believing they had messed up the paint) led to the recommendation.

Reflectiveauto
10-05-2012, 09:14 AM
Looking forward to the pictures. If I remember correctly, Meguiar`s used to recommend DC2.0 for a rotary only because it would leave a high level of haze on the paint (micromarring) with a DA.

At one point, DA polishers were considered armature tools, so the thought of an amature getting bad DA haze (and believing they had messed up the paint) led to the recommendation.

Well it the working time is not long at all but I handled that with no problems. There was no haze at all. I topped it off with Meg Crystal Polish then with the Nanoskin Hydrophobic Wax.

I will have pics today of the 50/50. I will have some video after I edit the clips together..still learning the Sony Vegas Movie 11 Editor.

Reflectiveauto
10-05-2012, 09:15 AM
Any side by side photo`s of the results?

I will have pics up today of the 50/50.