PDA

View Full Version : General business expansion question.

smitty5150
10-04-2012, 10:03 PM
In addition to auto detailing, I also offer headlight modification. I.E. HID conversions, projector retrofits, custom paint, tinting, etc. This has been a largely forum oriented side of my business, but I am wanting to expand locally. There are a few shops in the area that do custom work, but they do not offer this service. I was considering taking advantage of that fact by offering my services to them. They already have customer traffic and, based on the other things they offer, should have a market for my retrofitting. My concern, and the only reason I have not approached any of them yet, is that they could see the potential for expanding business and take on the work themselves...making it more difficult for me to expand. I know this isn`t necessarily the right forum for this specific problem, but I am wondering how anyone here would think I should handle the situation. There is the potential for a lot of work, but also the potential of getting squeezed out before I get going. If and how would you go about this?

Reflectiveauto
10-04-2012, 11:01 PM
Do it yourself on your own....They will squeeze you out.