PDA

View Full Version : Pontiac Fiero

Shockwav86
09-26-2012, 08:47 AM
So I was at a local car show last night with my 2012 Challenger R/T and this car pulled up and from a far I could not figure out what it was. It had Acura NSX headlights but was too short to be one. Then I was thinking Lotus Espirit, but nah. Then I thought it was a kit car based on a Fiero. Well it was not a kit car, it was a full out custom Fiero, with a chop top and get this....a supercharged GM LS7!!! I could not believe it. Here is a link to the build. Totally insane.

We Build a Perfect Union - Pennock`s Fiero Forum (http://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000047.html)

PA DETAILER
09-26-2012, 09:10 AM
wow. thats amazing! i had two of them. 85 (4cyl) 87 (6cyl).
they are a timeless design. they still look good. the best year was 88 and GM killed it. the 6 was a blast to drive. the car really had miminal issues.

Shockwav86
09-26-2012, 09:15 AM
Except for the whole catching on fire thing, lol. I heard a conspiracy of corvette enthusiasts getting in an uproar because of all the R&D going into the Fiero`s. Very similar to why the Grand National and T-Type were killed off so quickly. They really were ahead of their time.

PA DETAILER
09-26-2012, 09:20 AM
i also heard corvette getting worried.

flamed03vert
09-26-2012, 10:07 AM
Like the color... the stance and wheels look a bit off to me

Shockwav86
09-26-2012, 10:18 AM
I agree with you. Not exactly my style either, but nonetheless, an amazing machine. The guy was telling me about a one off mould for the supercharger housing casting. The motor is mounted transversely in the car so the front of the motor faces the passenger`s side, but the intake for the supercharger almost faces the front of the car ( a little more than 45degrees). He worked one on one with edelbrock to have this made totally custom to fit. Lots of time and work and money in this thing. It`s appraised at $140k which I`m sure is not nearly what it cost to build. He showed me a picture of the transmission/ transaxle and it was polished to a mirror finish. Something you don`t really even see.

Rocket
09-26-2012, 11:08 AM
Wow so he finally finished it. I saw pictures of it at one point when he was still working on mounting the supercharger

jtford95
09-26-2012, 02:36 PM
That thing is crazy! Awesome Job!

CH.Detailing
09-26-2012, 04:15 PM
I actually don`t hate it. Huh.

Trouble
09-26-2012, 09:23 PM
I had a girlfriend with one of these that caught fire while I was borrowing it. It looked cute, but what a piece of crap that thing was :swirly:

*edit can someone tell me what page the finished product turned out? I know I don`t have much of a life, but I don`t think I will make it through 75 pages of Fiero talk :wall

rurocking
09-27-2012, 06:40 AM
Like the color... the stance and wheels look a bit off to me

That color just destroyed what he was working towards. I think red or black might do it justice and hide some of the flaws.