PDA

View Full Version : absorber users

PA DETAILER
09-23-2012, 09:54 AM
i have used every drying towel out there, and i always go back to the ABSORBER. IT JUST WORKS. i have never had issue with one.

skibik
09-23-2012, 10:13 AM
I have one from when they first came out. I don`t see it in the video but when I run mine across the paint it leaves trails of really small droplets. Mine does not dry like that video and I wring mine out to the point I feel like I am going to twist it in half. I carry MF for the finish wipe to dry. I think I am going to quit using it and maybe toss it. I am getting fine micro scratches and need to figure out where they are coming from in my cleaning process and thinking it is this Absorber since it feels like it drags across the paint. But then again the scratches could be from either the CA duster, MF towels or the wash mitt.

Todd@RUPES
09-24-2012, 08:11 AM
i have used every drying towel out there, and i always go back to the ABSORBER. IT JUST WORKS. i have never had issue with one.

I would be slightly fearful of them scratching (not as much as people may say). Also, they work best wet, so I always find that they leave the surface slightly damp. A follow up with a microfiber would ensure a perfectly dry surface ;)

Addicted2Bling
09-24-2012, 08:42 AM
They work good and save a lot of time. If you stretch them out while they are on the surface, they work 10x better and leave almost no water trails. But like skibik said, sometimes I see micro marring that I`m not sure where they`re from.

Pats300zx
09-24-2012, 08:48 AM
My Absorbers have been delegated to boat and waverunner duty. I am more than content with WW towels for my cars.

Bunky
09-24-2012, 10:29 AM
I equate some of my early car marrings issues with the absorbers. I do not think they are very forgiving on paint.

I primarily use the Master Blaster or waffle weaves.I suspect a lot was technique but now have invested in other stuff so not really seeing a need to go back.

They are still great on glass.

Mr. Clean
09-24-2012, 08:00 PM
PA, I`m with you. After more than a decade of use, I`ve never found a "better" option. When used with the appropriate amount of care and proper technique I can`t point at any marring, micro or other, due to its use.

Yes, an upgrade is following with a mf towel, but in using the Absorber, it cuts down, considerably, on the number of drying mf towels required. Did I mention durable?

PA DETAILER
09-25-2012, 06:16 AM
agree. the asorber WILL NOT dry the entire vehicle. but removes 80-85% of the water. then i finish with a towel.

07gtcs
09-25-2012, 11:09 AM
I used to use one until I found this forum and got educated on how to properly dry my car. I now use a leaf blower and have several drying towels.

Gurge
10-03-2012, 11:36 AM
My Absorbers have been delegated to boat and waverunner duty. I am more than content with WW towels for my cars.

agreed. gets the job done quick on boats

Orinda Auto Detail
10-03-2012, 12:28 PM
I use one of these sometime but never on a dark colored car. Not that I`ve personally ever seen one of these put micro marring on paint but the way it feels dragging across the paint makes me nervous... Air compressor and Waffle Weaves usually my goto

dc52nv
10-03-2012, 12:31 PM
I haven`t used one in years.

Van185
10-03-2012, 01:10 PM
Like you I`ve tried several and always go back to the Absorber. I have several in my shop and never have had any problems with them. If you keep the wet and clean they will last forever.

rzatch
10-03-2012, 07:45 PM
Older Absorbers work great as a interior dust towel when slightly damp.

mustangmikeFL
10-03-2012, 08:19 PM
I bought an absorber in 03 when I bought my first new car and used it for at least 7 years LOL. I loved it and back then of course I didn`t even know about swirl marks. I still have one and I still use it on certain cars. I`ve personally never had any real marring issues using them. I do usually finish with some plush microfibers.