PDA

View Full Version : My compliments to Poorboy`s products

Pages : [1] 2

MaineMDX
05-03-2004, 10:00 PM
Here`s hoping this photo of my 2001 Mahogany MDX comes out alright. The conditions weren`t great and not much room in the garage to take photos.

The process was clay, SSR2 w/light cutting pad, SSR1 w/polishing pad, PwC w/polishing pad, 3 coats of EX w/finishing pad (All done with PC-second and third coats at speed of 2.75 and no additional pressure other than weight of PC), and 2 coats of Natty`s applied by hand. Tomorrow will be the final coat of Natty`s. All EX and Natty`s coats with 24 hour cure time.

Going to hate to take it out tomorrow if the weather is still bad.

Poorboy
05-03-2004, 10:04 PM
your paint and reflections look great:bigups...

you need to do the wheel wells though:D

Woob
05-03-2004, 10:10 PM
Whoa snap! Nice reflection you got there!

Medical Note: TURN OFF THE LIGHTS ITS TOO BRIGHT! :wait :lmfao

Great job!

groebuck
05-03-2004, 11:18 PM
nah not to bright just set the white balance on your camera to flourescent lighting ;) -

great job (gawd that damn wheel well line - if one more person says it...;) )

JimS
05-04-2004, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by Poorboy
your paint and reflections look great:bigups...

you need to do the wheel wells though:D
:yeah

Spray the wheel wells with BnB or Trim Restorer or an aerosol tire dressing or Stoners Trim stuff or something....anything.

Great job on the rest of it. Great shine. Yeah.....the Poorboys stuff does the job.

nthngd2say
05-04-2004, 07:48 AM
Nice job :bigups

Beemerboy
05-04-2004, 09:23 AM
Great looking ride, I`m a huge fan of PB products. The funy part about this thread is the detailers look at the pic and say "great job, but you missed the wheels wells":lmfao

91LSMAN
05-04-2004, 11:40 AM
Looks good!!

But those wheel wells could use some attention. :lol

MaineMDX
05-04-2004, 05:37 PM
Sorry all,

I`ve never done wheel wells before. I don`t know if there is much point in doing it since I live on a dirt road. Believe me the paint looks much better in Photoshop with an LCD and a Mac. I was afraid it would loose it`s color on a PC.

I ordered some Novus to do the interior plood. Oh by the way the door jambs look great with Natty`s, not to mention the black fridge, dishwasher, oven, and microwave. I just wish the plastic container was more in the shape of the PVA pads. It`s tough getting a rectangular pad in a round hole.

Thanks for all your comments. Maybe I`ll tackle the wheel wells after the interior.

SpoiledMan
05-04-2004, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by MaineMDX
Believe me the paint looks much better in Photoshop with an LCD and a Mac. I was afraid it would loose it`s color on a PC.

:jump :mohawk :headbang

Boss_429
05-04-2004, 06:56 PM
That paint looks fantastic! Multiple cleaning/polishing steps done correctly will create those kinds of results. Now that you`ve got it polished, and well protected, all you need to do for the rest of the year is to keep it maintained with some good QD, and an occasional coat of Natty`s. :bigups

M23Accord
05-04-2004, 07:58 PM
Looks fantastic but 8 coats!! Thats nuts. Overkill if you ask me.....

zesty-man
05-04-2004, 10:14 PM
how long did it take you.....? great job

MaineMDX
05-05-2004, 05:34 AM
Didn`t leave the garage for a week. Nine coats in all with the last (3rd) nattys. Beats 30 coats of Zaino the first year. Like Zaino it still attracts dust.

For that picture there wasn`t that much light in the garage. It was a 4 second exposure on a tripod. Every time I tried a flash the color absorbed too much of the light and underexposed it. I`ll try to get an outside pic this morning before the rain returns.

JimS
05-05-2004, 06:08 AM
Originally posted by MaineMDX
Sorry all,

I`ve never done wheel wells before. I don`t know if there is much point in doing it since I live on a dirt road. Believe me the paint looks much better in Photoshop with an LCD and a Mac. I was afraid it would loose it`s color on a PC.

I ordered some Novus to do the interior plood. Oh by the way the door jambs look great with Natty`s, not to mention the black fridge, dishwasher, oven, and microwave. I just wish the plastic container was more in the shape of the PVA pads. It`s tough getting a rectangular pad in a round hole.

Thanks for all your comments. Maybe I`ll tackle the wheel wells after the interior.

Dirt roads are against all my rules! :D

Sissors (how the hell is that word spelled?) work well on the rectangular pads :D

Can`t blame you for not doing the wheel wells.