PDA

View Full Version : cooling towels

Pages : [1] 2 3

ca.detailchick
09-03-2012, 01:03 AM
Anyone try any of the cooling towels?

I ordered one of these.I hope it works!
Frogg Toggs Chilly Pad Cooling Towel: Amazon.com: Sports & Outdoors

San Diego has been unusually hot and humid this summer .I Cant stand the heat !

Any other suggestions for staying cool are welcome!:)

AndrewBigA
09-03-2012, 01:20 AM
Any other suggestions for staying cool are welcome!:)
yea, stick your head under the sink & let the cold water run lol.

ca.detailchick
09-03-2012, 02:17 AM
yea, stick your head under the sink & let the cold water run lol.
Thats too messy and drippy for me!:D

BobbyG
09-03-2012, 05:40 AM
Detail in your bikini? :yourrock

Old Pirate
09-03-2012, 05:51 AM

I 2nd that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Mr. Clean
09-03-2012, 09:24 AM
We each have one. They work fine, though on really hot days be sure and keep a container of cool/cold water (I do ice water in one of my smaller insulated water carriers) nearby to refresh the towel as it will lose the cooling effects. The material is like that of an Absorber but with a textured side, even comes in a tube just like the Absorber. We purchased ours locally at a sporting goods store.

Rocket
09-03-2012, 09:53 AM
I`ve never seen those before. I`ve seen a bandana that has something in it to keep you cool. You put it in ice water and flip it from time to time to a cool side. I hear they work but I haven`t used one. I did pick one up at the store to try. It was only a few dollars so if I don`t like it I`m not out much

Mr. Clean
09-03-2012, 10:08 AM
Rocket, there are several versions of the cooling bandanas, all of which use a "polymer" bead. Most of the ones I`ve used work well, but all eventually "die". The Frogg Toggs material is much more durable and there is more of it. On the other side you tie the bandanas around your neck so they do stay in place and are less bulky.

ca.detailchick
09-03-2012, 11:25 AM

LOL Bobby!:D

I need to keep it professional!

ca.detailchick
09-03-2012, 11:28 AM
We each have one. They work fine, though on really hot days be sure and keep a container of cool/cold water (I do ice water in one of my smaller insulated water carriers) nearby to refresh the towel as it will lose the cooling effects. The material is like that of an Absorber but with a textured side, even comes in a tube just like the Absorber. We purchased ours locally at a sporting goods store.
Thanks Mr,Clean!

I hope its not identical to the absorber becauseI have those already.

I was thinking about putting it in the fridge overnight.

ca.detailchick
09-03-2012, 11:29 AM
I`ve never seen those before. I`ve seen a bandana that has something in it to keep you cool. You put it in ice water and flip it from time to time to a cool side. I hear they work but I haven`t used one. I did pick one up at the store to try. It was only a few dollars so if I don`t like it I`m not out much
Was looking at those last night !

May pick one up also!

TroyScherer
09-03-2012, 08:51 PM
LOL Bobby!:D

I need to keep it professional!

You can get your company name and info printed on it....

ca.detailchick
09-04-2012, 01:22 AM
You can get your company name and info printed on it....

Um.....no!:D

ca.detailchick
09-04-2012, 01:29 AM
Today wasnt so hot.What a releif.

There are a couple things Ive done this year to stay cool.

One is I take a gallon jug and fill it 1/3 full of water and put it in the freezer overnight .What you have then by morning is like one big giant ice cube!Then in the morning I fill the gallon jug halfway with water or more depending on how much I think I will drink. It stays cold all day if I keep my cooler in the shade !Beats making ice everyday!

Another is I chopped off about 6 inches of my hair . It feels so much cooler!

Todd@RUPES
09-04-2012, 06:01 AM
So this is a towel you put in cold water to get cold but it doesn`t get you wet? Is that the premise or am I missing something?