PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Clearwater Florida

markstudy
08-07-2012, 02:01 PM
Hello all,

I`ve been having fun with my new (speeding ticket red) weekend toy... but realize I need to learn about detailing (a hobby with-in the car hobby) :)

Sitting here with a free gift basket I won at a car show
- a bottle of Meguiars Ultimate Quik Wax
- some Eagle 1 wipe & shine
- a stick of Gummi Pflege Stift (rubber care stick)
... and I don`t have the foggiest idea about how all these new synthetics and polymers interact with my old fashion traditional wax? Or my new clear bra (installer gave me a bottle of Turtle Wax ICE synthetic detailer spray and told to keep the clear bra conditioned with it)?

Its getting to be time for a new major wax job (I had my car detailed when it was 2 months old... now its going on 10 months). I`m temped to play with this bottle of Mequiars Quik Wax just to see how it works... but I`ve come to this cool web forum to learn as much as I can (as I think this cars a keeper) and wax has changed so much in the last 15 years. I think I need to get a better idea of The Big Picture before I do anything dumb :D

Thanks

Todd@RUPES
08-07-2012, 02:39 PM
Hello all,

I`ve been having fun with my new (speeding ticket red) weekend toy... but realize I need to learn about detailing (a hobby with-in the car hobby) :)

Sitting here with a free gift basket I won at a car show
- a bottle of Meguiars Ultimate Quik Wax
- some Eagle 1 wipe & shine
- a stick of Gummi Pflege Stift (rubber care stick)
... and I don`t have the foggiest idea about how all these new synthetics and polymers interact with my old fashion traditional wax? Or my new clear bra (installer gave me a bottle of Turtle Wax ICE synthetic detailer spray and told to keep the clear bra conditioned with it)?

Its getting to be time for a new major wax job (I had my car detailed when it was 2 months old... now its going on 10 months). I`m temped to play with this bottle of Mequiars Quik Wax just to see how it works... but I`ve come to this cool web forum to learn as much as I can (as I think this cars a keeper) and wax has changed so much in the last 15 years. I think I need to get a better idea of The Big Picture before I do anything dumb :D

Thanks

Welcome to AutopiaForums!

Start here: http://www.autopiaforums.com/forums/detail-institute-presented-autopia-carcare-com/36914-autopia-5-step-paint-care-cycle.html

tropicsteve
08-07-2012, 03:06 PM
welcome to AF, we`re glad you signed up. this is a great place to learn how to properly care for your nice ride. myself and a few other members are in the tampa bay area also.

Orinda Auto Detail
08-07-2012, 03:14 PM
Welcome to AF! Get some clay for starters, and read the thread Todd posted. Also goto your some where and have a passport 9500xi Installed so that when your car is blindingly shiny red you can see the cops before they see you! don`t know about florida but I do these radars in those cars all the time should be about 2400 installed(you could go cheaper but 9500xi owns all in police protection) Just make sure the installer knows what thier doing because on that car you have pull both bumpers, and on of fenders along with the dash to install it.

mjlinane
08-07-2012, 04:18 PM
Welcome to AutopiaForums!!

Old Pirate
08-07-2012, 05:04 PM
Welcome to Autopiaforums Mark, lot`s of great information and great folks here to help. P.S I`m just north of you in Palm Harbor and can show you some more products for your ride.........:welcome:

Pats300zx
08-07-2012, 05:19 PM
Welcome to AF. You are going to love the obsession :)

sprocketser
08-07-2012, 06:36 PM
Welcome aboard

markstudy
08-07-2012, 08:31 PM
Thanks Everyone for welcoming me to the Forum.

I`ve joined a lot of car forums over the years but this has got to be the friendliest by far :D

I`ve got some reading to do, thanks for the tips and suggestions....and I`m looking forward to getting to know some of the folks in my area.

Funny story... I met my neighbor, when he bought a red Boxster, the exact same time I bought a red Cayman (pictured below)... I`ll have to pass along the web site to him too. Very informative site, I`m sure he`ll be most interested.

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff180/markstudy/StPeteCaymans.jpg

BobbyG
08-08-2012, 08:35 AM
:welcome: To Autopia Forums!!

Trouble
08-08-2012, 03:35 PM
Welcome!

That`s a great looking car you have. Do you have a DA polisher?

broker99
08-08-2012, 04:37 PM
Welcome, there is a lot of good honest advice here.

are you at Bob Evans in the first picture by the way?

(P.S. take ZoomZoom 5 up on his offer. He is great guy and a great detailer).

cmichael258
08-08-2012, 08:27 PM
Welcome from St. Pete markstudy!

Todd@RUPES
08-08-2012, 08:52 PM
I like Boxsters (I like all Porsches for that matter) but there is something about that car that just changed for the better when they stuck a roof on it. Great looking car!

markstudy
08-09-2012, 08:32 AM
Welcome! That`s a great looking car you have. Do you have a DA polisher?

Not sure what DA stands for? :redface:

Welcome, there is a lot of good honest advice here. are you at Bob Evans in the first picture by the way? (P.S. take ZoomZoom 5 up on his offer. He is great guy and a great detailer).

Yep Bob Evans LOL... I pulled in when I saw the "all new" Boxster(soon to be Cayman) 981 style from Porsche. I bought one of the old ones 2006-12 because I liked the retro style...but I wanted to do a little side-by-side photo shoot. (thanks for the tip on ZoomZoom 5) http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff180/markstudy/0boxster11.jpg

I like Boxsters (I like all Porsches for that matter) but there is something about that car that just changed for the better when they stuck a roof on it. Great looking car!
Thanks... its a great design. I agree... just adding a roof gave the platform an entirely different vibe :cool: