PDA

View Full Version : New Member, Long Island, NY

Pages : [1] 2

Shockwav86
08-07-2012, 10:08 AM
I`ve been lurking around long enough and decided to become a member. As of last week I have been only avid with my own vehicles. Since hours are being cut at my job as a Junior Architect, I have decided that this is the best time to pursue a long time passion of mine and start a detailing business. My first vehicle was a 2005 Suburban that was used primarily by equestrians and beach goers. So you can imagine how long it took me. Even after the 5 hour mark, in the sweltering heat, I still had a smile on my face and knew it is what I want to transition into. So much for that college degree, lol. If anyone has any pointers or suggestions as far as starting the business is concerned please feel free to share with me. I hope to learn a lot from all of you on this board and also share things I have learned over the years.

I currently have a 2012 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed and a 1985 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme V8 that I use for inclement weather.

---Don

Orinda Auto Detail
08-07-2012, 10:46 AM
Welcome to AF Don! And GL starting your detailing, If you have any specific questions because "tips" are so many feel free to ask everyone here is super helpful!

Todd@RUPES
08-07-2012, 10:48 AM
I`ve been lurking around long enough and decided to become a member. As of last week I have been only avid with my own vehicles. Since hours are being cut at my job as a Junior Architect, I have decided that this is the best time to pursue a long time passion of mine and start a detailing business. My first vehicle was a 2005 Suburban that was used primarily by equestrians and beach goers. So you can imagine how long it took me. Even after the 5 hour mark, in the sweltering heat, I still had a smile on my face and knew it is what I want to transition into. So much for that college degree, lol. If anyone has any pointers or suggestions as far as starting the business is concerned please feel free to share with me. I hope to learn a lot from all of you on this board and also share things I have learned over the years.

I currently have a 2012 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed and a 1985 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme V8 that I use for inclement weather.

---Don

Welcome to AutopiaForums! There are a lot of good business guys here but the basics of business apply to detailing just like they are apply anywhere else.

jeffny09
08-07-2012, 11:04 AM
welcome fellow.nyer...im looking at doing a side business dor detailing!

JSFM35X
08-07-2012, 11:24 AM

---Don
Welcome, where on LI are you from?

Shockwav86
08-07-2012, 11:37 AM
I live in East Islip, Work in Lindenhurst, and garage my car in Massapequa. I`m all over the place.

mjlinane
Welcome to AutopiaForums!!

Shockwav86
welcome fellow.nyer...im looking at doing a side business dor detailing!

When my business starts growing maybe we can work out a deal for some side work!! I have big plans.

sprocketser
08-07-2012, 11:46 AM
Welcome aboard

jeffny09
08-07-2012, 11:49 AM
When my business starts growing maybe we can work out a deal for some side work!! I have big plans.

im still working on perfecing thw technique..but im pretty dang good man.

Pats300zx
08-07-2012, 05:21 PM
Welcome to AF !!!

tropicsteve
08-07-2012, 07:29 PM
welcome to AF don, good to see you here with the rest of us detail addicts.

rwisejr
08-08-2012, 07:49 AM
I live in East Islip, Work in Lindenhurst, and garage my car in Massapequa. I`m all over the place.

Welcome from another fellow NYer I`m in Central Islip . Maybe one day we can hook up .

jeffny09
08-08-2012, 08:01 AM
Welcome from another fellow NYer I`m in Central Islip . Maybe one day we can hook up .

Ny up in here!

BobbyG
08-08-2012, 08:34 AM
:welcome: To AutopiaForums!!