PDA

View Full Version : hauling an hp60 up stairs

johnr7
05-03-2004, 01:07 PM
I`m thinking of getting an extractor, selling the idea to my wife that it will work better on our home carpet than the big-green-clean-machine (which is currently busted).

I see it quoted as 78 pounds - anyone have experience lugging this thing up a flight of stairs? Is it a complete b*tch, driving me towards the mytee lite, or should I just go for broke and get the hp60....

Ok so I`m just looking for someone to talk me into the hp60 I guess :)

- John in Illinois

Ryan
05-03-2004, 08:04 PM
Don`t worry. The extractor is big. It comes with casters that can maneuver up any stairs. As a matter of fact I just recently managed my HP100 into a 40` boat cabin. If I had a 60 model it would have been that much easier. Go ahead and buy it.

johnr7
05-03-2004, 10:00 PM
Now she`s decided the durrmaid is more reasonable at 18 pounds or whatever, even though there is a 99% chance she`ll never have to lug it around.

I suppose I can give in and not go super-industrial strenght, although that isn`t my style.

I like to buy once, and be set forever if possible.

That`s what I get for having a web-savvy engineer wife who does her own research. Dang!

bigron62
05-03-2004, 10:07 PM
the mytee is mighty good ...a+

JeffBruce
05-03-2004, 10:12 PM
Find out if there is place to service it in your area....local....for when it does go up ...