PDA

View Full Version : Polishing and sealing glass

JSFM35X
07-31-2012, 05:26 AM
Steve`s review of the Gtechnig glass polishing and sealing system has me wanting to buy it and try on one of my cars that are due for another Aquapel update.

My concern is that I have never polished glass before and I am just getting paint under my belt. There have been posts where people have really scratched and messed up their glass during the polishing of glass.

Todd, the next time you are trying to decide what to make a video tutorial on, how about the Gtechnig glass polish and the glass sealant systems? Take us real time through a 50/50 on a windshield in the studio so we can see every step start to finish. (not asking for to much right)

Your OptiCoat application video was great for the same reason. My windshields vary from like new to normal wiper wear and tear.

Also I have a concern that the wipers will wear a "groove" as they abrade off the sealant/coating in the areas they travel. Dr. G does not recommend OptiCoat 2 on the windshield for this reason. Will the same thing happen to Gtechnig?

Thanks.

Todd@RUPES
07-31-2012, 07:01 AM
Steve`s review of the Gtechnig glass polishing and sealing system has me wanting to buy it and try on one of my cars that are due for another Aquapel update.

My concern is that I have never polished glass before and I am just getting paint under my belt. There have been posts where people have really scratched and messed up their glass during the polishing of glass.

Todd, the next time you are trying to decide what to make a video tutorial on, how about the Gtechnig glass polish and the glass sealant systems? Take us real time through a 50/50 on a windshield in the studio so we can see every step start to finish. (not asking for to much right)

Your OptiCoat application video was great for the same reason. My windshields vary from like new to normal wiper wear and tear.

Also I have a concern that the wipers will wear a "groove" as they abrade off the sealant/coating in the areas they travel. Dr. G does not recommend OptiCoat 2 on the windshield for this reason. Will the same thing happen to Gtechnig?

Thanks.

Hi Jeff. Gtechniq`s claim is that G1 will not be abraded by wiper use. While I have only had it on my car for two weeks, it has been my experience so far that (given that it rains every day) there has been no degradation in the areas where the wipes wipe across the window. I am purposely testing this.

The next time I apply G1 and G4 I will make sure to do a video. :bigups

JSFM35X
07-31-2012, 07:18 AM
Hi Jeff. Gtechniq`s claim is that G1 will not be abraded by wiper use. While I have only had it on my car for two weeks, it has been my experience so far that (given that it rains every day) there has been no degradation in the areas where the wipes wipe across the window. I am purposely testing this.

The next time I apply G1 and G4 I will make sure to do a video. :bigups

Great, I will look forward to the video. Also just to further complicate things, How does the EXO factor into the glass equation? I was reading up on the line and see it is reccommended for all surfaces, paint, glass, rims and trim? WOW-have you had your hands on it yet?

Todd@RUPES
07-31-2012, 09:09 AM
Great, I will look forward to the video. Also just to further complicate things, How does the EXO factor into the glass equation? I was reading up on the line and see it is reccommended for all surfaces, paint, glass, rims and trim? WOW-have you had your hands on it yet?

I haven`t had the opportunity to play with it yet, but I am anxious to try!