PDA

View Full Version : buying a GMC Acadia

glock92
07-19-2012, 08:33 AM
Do you think i should buy a gmc acadia? what do you think about the acadia?

Rocket
07-19-2012, 08:41 AM
I think they are pretty nice vehicles. I looked at them before I bought my truck. A guy I work with has one and he and his family like it

rider9195
07-19-2012, 10:01 AM
My mom has one and it`s an okay vehicle. It`s a 2008 with the Red Jewel Tint Coat. The only thing I hate about driving it is how the transmission acts. It also wants to go into a higher gear and drops two gears if you need to get up a small hill. Supposedly they had an update o fix it some I`m assuming the new models have it. Also, if you do your own oil changes the oil filter is a pain to get to.

JSFM35X
07-19-2012, 12:14 PM
We looked at them before I purchased An MXD sport in 2010. It was a nice car but at the time there were no good lease deals.

holland_patrick
07-19-2012, 03:12 PM
My in-laws are on their second lease of their Arcadia and the loved each one.. the first one had the gear hunting you talk about but you can click over to the Tiptronic and choose your gear if you want..Gas mileage is Meh... 16 city and 21 Highway (my traverse same body style) They are TANKS big and heavy.. very nice driving I would look at both of them..(i really don`t like the buick) I love the Bluetooth in the truck and XM is great. We have heated cloth seat and the in laws have heated leather. The one thing i think you should look for is factory installed trailer hitch.. as you get a tranny cooler and other things you don`t get with just a hitch install.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y136/holland_patrick/05905893.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y136/holland_patrick/659ceefc.jpg

dd1101
07-19-2012, 03:46 PM
They are a little expensive but nice and roomy, For that price I would get a low milleage Acura MDX in that price range. But thats just me. :)

rider9195
07-19-2012, 04:18 PM
As Patrick mentioned you can use the manual mode. And I didn`t know that the tow package included a trans cooler.

C. Charles Hahn
07-19-2012, 04:55 PM
There are two main problems with the Lambda crossovers:

1) The seats aren`t particularly comfortable

2) Rearward and side visibility are terrible

Other than that they`re pretty solid vehicles.

holland_patrick
07-19-2012, 06:17 PM
As Patrick mentioned you can use the manual mode. And I didn`t know that the tow package included a trans cooler.

Available trailering equipment with a towing capacity of up to 5200 lbs.1 The package includes:
Heavy-duty cooling system, to head off overheating on a long trip under load
Trailer hitch, which comes in handy not only for towing, but also for mounting a rack for skis or a sturdy carrier for multiple bikes
On SL models, requires 17" compact steel spare wheel; not available with tire sealant and inflator kit.

polisher
07-20-2012, 10:33 AM
GMC cars/trucks are always good and big

Addicted2Bling
07-23-2012, 10:03 PM
Go for it if you want it

PrinzII
09-06-2012, 05:35 PM
There are two main problems with the Lambda crossovers:

1) The seats aren`t particularly comfortable

2) Rearward and side visibility are terrible

Other than that they`re pretty solid vehicles.

I test drove one before buying the Edge and found the performance wasn`t as peppy as I`d like due to the weight. Otherwise, they aren`t bad vehicles.

Trouble
09-06-2012, 07:47 PM
I test drove one before buying the Edge and found the performance wasn`t as peppy as I`d like due to the weight. Otherwise, they aren`t bad vehicles.

Good choice (Edge) I was going to respond to this thread earlier and tell you what a piece of crap I thought the Arcadia was, but I am trying to be a kinder, gentler Flas...person :bubba

Trouble
09-06-2012, 07:49 PM

Wait a minute....you`re not the OP....the Arcadia is a very nice ride :notme: