PDA

View Full Version : Updated web site.

Pages : [1] 2

Addicted2Bling
07-15-2012, 10:07 AM
Hopefully looks more professional, less clutter, more eye candy ;) Let me know what you guys think, thanks

GearHead_1
07-15-2012, 10:22 AM
Hey Blinger, give us a link.

Addicted2Bling
07-15-2012, 10:30 AM
oh yeah my bad lol

Buff-N-Glo Premium Mobile Detailing (http://www.buff-n-glo.com)

ziggo99
07-15-2012, 11:24 AM
First thing that caught my eye was on the info section.
"4. Service
Our service is one of a kind and some of the best in it`s class"

You might want to go either or on this one, but not both. To me, it can`t be one of a kind yet also be ranked with other detailers in it`s class. It can`t be classified if it`s one of a kind

Also, I think it should be "...not only because it polishes well", not "...not only because it polishes good". That section just seems kinda messy and not very clear. Maybe just retype it and talk about how the DA polisher is paint friendly and won`t leave behind more damage like other detaliers leave behind with their high speed buffers.

And I`m not sure what type of camera you use, but some of the pictures seemed to be a bit overexposed and it doesn`t do justice to the hours you put into the car.

Just a few things I noticed. Besides that, I found the site easy to navigate.
:inspector:

Bunky
07-15-2012, 11:38 AM
The Buff n Glo font is a little hard to read. When I see it, I think of Buffy the Vampire Slayer but it is not that close. Otherwise, it looks very clean and professional to me. The writing style is not as formal (more conversational) but it is not distracting.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/29/Buffy_the_Vampire_Slayer_title_card.jpg
Image source: Wikipedia

Paul Mitchell
07-15-2012, 12:27 PM
"4. Service

You might want to go either or on this one, but not both. To me, it can`t be one of a kind yet also be ranked with other detailers in it`s class. It can`t be classified if it`s one of a kind

Also, I think it should be "...not only because it polishes well", not "...not only because it polishes good". That section just seems kinda messy and not very clear. Maybe just retype it and talk about how the DA polisher is paint friendly and won`t leave behind more damage like other detaliers leave behind with their high speed buffers.

And I`m not sure what type of camera you use, but some of the pictures seemed to be a bit overexposed and it doesn`t do justice to the hours you put into the car.

I agree with Kyle`s points regarding the grammatical issues. Use "well" as it`s an adverb while good is normally used as an adjective.

Now I have a thought that may benefit others with the talent, like you, to design their own website. After you`ve finished the initial work, have somebody check it for grammatical errors. Who better to advise you than your favorite English teacher in High School or College? Not only will you have a perfect product but you`ll re-connect with somebody who may have made a difference in your life.

I recently re-connected with my favorite teacher from sixth grade in 1958. It was his first year teaching and my first year with a male teacher. He`s now 76 and I`m 65 and we`re getting together later this year for dinner.

I like your website and with a little tweaking it will be perfect.

tropicsteve
07-15-2012, 12:51 PM
The Buff n Glo font is a little hard to read. When I see it, I think of Buffy the Vampire Slayer but it is not that close. Otherwise, it looks very clean and professional to me. The writing style is not as formal (more conversational) but it is not distracting.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/29/Buffy_the_Vampire_Slayer_title_card.jpg

i agree with bunky, i think you need a little more contrast in your logo lettering. i do like your website !

Addicted2Bling
07-15-2012, 09:53 PM
"4. Service

Well compared to other mobile detailers around here yes, I would say I`m a little better. I take more time, use better products, and do better work. If your talking about a show room detailer then yes, maybe I`m not as good as one lol...

You`re going to have to forgive me on that, I was a little high on coffee one morning when I wrote it and the thoughts were just flooding my mind. I will however, go back and re write everything when I have some free time. And as far as the pictures go, yes I agree with you some are over exposed. I mostly did it to show more work....

Yeah, I think I might go back and change the logo one of these days. I`ve always loved graffiti style letters, but maybe I took this a bit too far lol

I agree with Kyle`s points regarding the grammatical issues. Use "well" as it`s an adverb while good is normally used as an adjective.

Now I have a thought that may benefit others with the talent, like you, to design their own website. After you`ve finished the initial work, have somebody check it for grammatical errors. Who better to advise you than your favorite English teacher in High School or College? Not only will you have a perfect product but you`ll re-connect with somebody who may have made a difference in your life.

I recently re-connected with my favorite teacher from sixth grade in 1958. It was his first year teaching and my first year with a male teacher. He`s now 76 and I`m 65 and we`re getting together later this year for dinner.

Yeah you`re right I need to find me a hot high school teacher that I can talk this over dinner with lol But on a more serious note I never graduated so I don`t know of any english teachers =/

i agree with bunky, i think you need a little more contrast in your logo lettering. i do like your website !

Thanks bro!

Paul Mitchell
07-15-2012, 11:41 PM
PM sent to OP

Todd@RUPES
07-16-2012, 07:51 AM
Being critical,

I read your website and zero idea where you are located at. When people search for a detailer in google one of the the main searches is "detailer in xyz city". Your location is KEY in google finding you. The first sentence of your homepage should have font (not a graphic) that reads the location, what you do (including the terms polishing, detailing, etc). This is critical .

Also some of the wording on the INFO page is a little negative or can be cleaned up a little bit. I have re-wrote some of it:

Welcome to BUFF-N-Glo

Where we have been offering premium auto detailing in (xyz city) since (xxxx). To get the results that Buff-N-Glo Premium Mobile Detail customers rave about we treat your vehicle if it was our own. This means (don`t use hitting) cleaning and detailing every little crack and crevice. It`s the little areas that count the most: Under the seats, to the back of your wheels, and everything in between. It`s not just sliding behind the wheel and driving from one point to another.. It is that unmistakable smile you get when you pilot your finally detailed ride down the road. Your smile is our goal and passion.

Here is how I would write it if I was writing it myself. Feel free to use it if you wish:

About Us
It is not about us, it is about you: It`s the smile you get every time wheel and feel the tactile feel of perfectly cleaned leather. It`s the reflections that you admire as they distort over your perfectly polished hood like modern art. Overwhelm your senses with Buff-N-Glo Premium Mobile Detailing. We have treating customers in (xyz city) for the last (xy) years. We combine knowledge, passion, and extreme dedication to detail in every job we do. At Buff-N-Glow Premium Mobile Detailing we take pride in carrying for your automobile so you can take pride driving it.

I would also change your wording for dual-action polisher.

Paul Mitchell
07-16-2012, 01:12 PM
Hopefully looks more professional, less clutter, more eye candy ;) Let me know what you guys think, thanks

PM sent today.

Gurge
07-16-2012, 01:26 PM
what state are you in? what areas of that state do you service?

This should be clear on the home page and the title should reflect that as well (because people aren`t searching for `buff n glo detailing` they`re searching for `car detailing chicago` or `mobile detailing san diego`

contact info should be on every page in my opinion

whats your name? who answers the phone if I call?

I see your van in some of the photos with graphics and all that. That tells me you`re serious about this. show the van somewhere with all the stuff you bring

need some before / after photos. doesn`t have to be full correction or even that dramatic. Clean cars are nice but what if they were clean to begin with?

Addicted2Bling
07-16-2012, 07:19 PM
Being critical,

I read your website and zero idea where you are located at. When people search for a detailer in google one of the the main searches is "detailer in xyz city". Your location is KEY in google finding you. The first sentence of your homepage should have font (not a graphic) that reads the location, what you do (including the terms polishing, detailing, etc). This is critical .

Also some of the wording on the INFO page is a little negative or can be cleaned up a little bit. I have re-wrote some of it:

Welcome to BUFF-N-Glo

Where we have been offering premium auto detailing in (xyz city) since (xxxx). To get the results that Buff-N-Glo Premium Mobile Detail customers rave about we treat your vehicle if it was our own. This means (don`t use hitting) cleaning and detailing every little crack and crevice. It`s the little areas that count the most: Under the seats, to the back of your wheels, and everything in between. It`s not just sliding behind the wheel and driving from one point to another.. It is that unmistakable smile you get when you pilot your finally detailed ride down the road. Your smile is our goal and passion.

Here is how I would write it if I was writing it myself. Feel free to use it if you wish:

About Us
It is not about us, it is about you: It`s the smile you get every time wheel and feel the tactile feel of perfectly cleaned leather. It`s the reflections that you admire as they distort over your perfectly polished hood like modern art. Overwhelm your senses with Buff-N-Glo Premium Mobile Detailing. We have treating customers in (xyz city) for the last (xy) years. We combine knowledge, passion, and extreme dedication to detail in every job we do. At Buff-N-Glow Premium Mobile Detailing we take pride in carrying for your automobile so you can take pride driving it.

I would also change your wording for dual-action polisher.

Thanks Todd, I like that paragraph you wrote, might use some of it when I reword my info section thanks!

Addicted2Bling
07-16-2012, 07:21 PM
show the van somewhere with all the stuff you bring

Good idea!

Todd@RUPES
07-17-2012, 03:13 PM
I rewrote it to clean up some grammatical errors. I enjoy doing stuff like this.

Buff-N-Glo Premium Mobile Detailing is about you. It`s the smile that purses your lips as you touch the perfectly soft detailed leather of your steering wheel. It`s the reflections that you admire as they distort over your perfectly polished hood like modern art. It`s natural smell of cleanliness. Buff-N-Glo Premium Mobile Detailing has been overwhelming the senses of our clients for over XYZ years. Buff-N-Glo Premium Mobile Detailing serves the great WYZ area. We combine passion, knowledge and extreme dedication to detail in every job we do. Buff-N-Glow Premium Mobile Detailing takes pride in carrying for your automobile so you can take pride driving it.