PDA

View Full Version : New member from The Bronx, NY

Pages : [1] 2

BlackDragon
07-09-2012, 09:47 AM
Hi guys/gals, names Anthony. I own a 2012 Black on Black Mustang GT that is my daily driver, and I signed up to learn how to take care of it better.

I drive my car every day, rain, snow, or shine. I`ve owned it since last june and I just turned 8k miles. My commute is short, but I have no garage, so its outside 100% of the time. Not the most optimal conditions, but I fell in love with the car and get out of it with a big smile every time I drive it.

During the summer, I regularly attend local car shows to hang out with friends, so I clean the car bi weekly and I`m careful to try and wash and dry properly. But I guess there is just no way around swirls on a daily driver, so now I`m trying to learn how to take care of my paint.

I`m starting out with a full blackfire swirl removal kit, a blackfire clay kit, blackfire wash kit, and a porter cable XP Da. I used the kit according to the instructions, and the car looked great when I was done in the afternoon sunlight. But I noticed that at night, under artificial light, there are still very few fine lines that are still showing. So I`m a little dissappointed, but I knew going in that there is a steep learning curve and I wasn`t going to get it perfect until I get more experience under my belt.

So off to read the blackfire forum and learn how to use it better.

Thanks,
-Anthony

Pockets
07-09-2012, 10:07 AM
Welcome, a mustang in the Bronx, must be a heart attack every time you drive (I would be very afraid of scratches and potholes lol!)

We are right over the TZ bridge if you ever feel like taking a stop by and talking ;)

rider9195
07-09-2012, 10:28 AM
Welcome to Autopia Forums Anthony!

Bunky
07-09-2012, 10:30 AM
Welcome Anthony !

Concours.John
07-09-2012, 11:01 AM
Welcome Anthony!

BlackDragon
07-09-2012, 11:22 AM
Welcome, a mustang in the Bronx, must be a heart attack every time you drive (I would be very afraid of scratches and potholes lol!)

We are right over the TZ bridge if you ever feel like taking a stop by and talking ;)

Nah I take the same route evry day, so I have the potholes memorized, lol.

I go up to bear mountain every Wednesday for the car show. My local mustang club sponsors it, and I get to give out a trophy. Maybe Ill stop by.

Welcome to Autopia Forums Anthony!

Welcome Anthony !

Welcome Anthony!

Thank you!

-Ant

mjlinane
07-09-2012, 01:36 PM
Welcome to AutopiaForums!!

Todd@RUPES
07-09-2012, 02:33 PM
Welcome to AutopiaForums Anthony!

We are glad to have you here. What a great (and FAST) car.

tropicsteve
07-09-2012, 02:41 PM
welcome to AF anthony. we can always use some more mustang drivers here!

Old Pirate
07-09-2012, 06:49 PM
Welcome to Autopiaforums Anthony, a former Bronx member here also. We have alot of great folks from the metro NYC area and great information that will help you in detailing and maintaining your ride`s finish perfect.:welcome:

BlackDragon
07-10-2012, 06:46 AM
Welcome to AutopiaForums!!

Welcome to AutopiaForums Anthony!

We are glad to have you here. What a great (and FAST) car.

welcome to AF anthony. we can always use some more mustang drivers here!

Welcome to Autopiaforums Anthony, a former Bronx member here also. We have alot of great folks from the metro NYC area and great information that will help you in detailing and maintaining your ride`s finish perfect.:welcome:
Thanks for the warm welcome!:rockon

sprocketser
08-06-2012, 02:02 PM
Welcome

Pats300zx
08-06-2012, 02:13 PM
Welcome to Autopia Forums.

Trouble
08-06-2012, 02:20 PM
:welcome:

:autopia:

I go up to bear mountain every Wednesday for the car show. My local mustang club sponsors it, and I get to give out a trophy. Maybe Ill stop by.

-Ant

You should talk to Steve (Poorboy) about becoming a sponsor for your club ;)

BlackDragon
08-06-2012, 11:10 PM
Thanks Gents!

We only sponsor the mustang category of a much larger weekly car cruise in. I`m sure the guys at poorboy`s are familiar with the rockland rodders and the show. I`m actually surprised they don`t go to the show, being in their backyard and full of car nuts weekly.