PDA

View Full Version : New Car Detailing..

Exess1000
06-24-2012, 06:25 PM
How much do some of you charge for this service and what do you include?

mjlinane
06-24-2012, 06:34 PM
Welcome to AutopiaForums!!

Not all new cars are created equal so there really isn`t a pat answer. Depends on the shape of the paint on arrival and whether the dealer threw in the complementary DISO.

Even if the paint was swirl-free, a complete decontamination series (wash, IronX and clay or equivalent) and finish polish would do wonders. Then the decision to seal, wax or coat.

glen e
06-24-2012, 06:45 PM
Based on me probably taking 4 hours to polish and seal something like an accord, I`d probably charge 100-125....

Todd@RUPES
06-25-2012, 07:21 AM
How much do some of you charge for this service and what do you include?

I have charged anywhere from $350 dollars to $4800 depending on the work needed.

Detailing a new car is very much like detailing any other car. It is amazing the abuse they may be subject to. Have they been washed at the factory, at the dealership? If so they may have swirl marks.

Where any paint runs fixed at the factory? If so you may a few areas of sanding scratches or buffer holograms.

Was the car shipped by rail car or semi? How long did it sit at the factory or on the lot? It likely needs at least a light claying?

How well did the dealership remove all of the protective film from the interior, carpet, and exterior? Will you need to spend extra time doing this?

Like any other detail, a "New Car Prep" is about evaluating the vehicle, your client and their needs, and exceeding them.