PDA

View Full Version : SSR 2 with megs yellow pad?

FiveOhMustang
05-02-2004, 06:57 AM
How well will SSR 2 with megs yellow pad take out medium swirls? Also what speed fdo you guys reccomend?

keeotee
05-02-2004, 07:15 AM
I think you will find it will do a good job of it. A speed of 5 to 5.5 is what I use. Work it well.

FiveOhMustang
05-02-2004, 07:23 AM
should i do one panel at a time then buff off and then repeat if neccesesary? or do the whole car then buff off then repeat if neccesesary or it doesnt matter? also after the SSR 2 should i follow with PwC with another yellow pad and then top with EX with a finishing pad or should i use a finishing pad for PwC?

keeotee
05-02-2004, 07:38 AM
Check out this terrific article:
http://bimmer.roadfly.org/bmw/forums/detailing/forum.php?postid=1430487&page=1

Do one section at a time and wipe off the product residue. I do one section of the hood at a time, wipe the residue off, finish with the hood and then pull it out into the direct sunlight and examine my work and the results before going further. Know what you`ve accomplished before doing the whole car with the routine and approach you are using.

I`m just learning myself, but last weekend I used the yellow pad and SSR1 on my truck. The weather was such that I couldn`t verify my work (too overcast), so I did the whole truck like that. Turns out I really should have used SSR2 with the yellow pad. The truck was greatly improved but not as good as I wanted.

As for following up with PwC, then EX with a finishing pad, I think the finishing pad with EX is fine, but I`m not sure about the PwC. I would think that would be fine though since you`ve already done swirl removal. As for topping PwC with EX, I`m not sure about that. And you`re paint is going to be pretty clean after the SSR2 I should think.

Yesterday I did the wife`s car with the yellow pad and SSR2, well, I got most of it done. I then followed up with AIO by hand and then topped with UPP and finally Trade Secret. I really only used the AIO to be certain I got any SSR2 residue removed and as a good base for the UPP.

Certainly others can and will offer advice and correct me if I`ve made a statement in error here.

Hope this is of some help.