PDA

View Full Version : Dont buy E-bay`s carbon fiber vinyl for wrapping most surfaces.

opie_7afe
06-20-2012, 07:02 PM
so i ordered a 24"x60" sheet in hopes to wrap my rear license plate surround/recess as mine can be removed and it looks good in black or carbon fiber. so i decided to cheap out and get this stuff, sure it looks great, it sticks pretty darn good, stretches pretty well. but when it comes to recesses do not use this stuff, it rips easily, the pattern stretches out and when you try to reposition it, the glue adhesive gets left behind. so if you want to use this for parts without huge recesses say interior pieces, mirrors, and stuff with shallow recesses/curves it would be good for that and make sure you got it where you want it due to the adhesive. also need to be careful of air bubbles as it has no air release channels. the brand of vinyl i got is "technology racing" so spend the extra cash and buy the legit 3m di-noc, avery or oracal branded films. i know it did not help me doing this my first time but all was going great untill i heated the film (not even that hot, not hot enough to even melt the film and a hole just popped due to the tension. so take this for what its worth just trying to give other diy`ers a heads up.

glen e
06-20-2012, 10:39 PM
Buy good stuff at metrorestyling.com
Did all my interior trim in 3m di-noc

opie_7afe
06-20-2012, 11:32 PM
i have sites for the good stuff yet i cheaped out....oh well, im getting tired of the blue inside my car, so im working on using up this vinyl, see how long it lasts.

Todd@RUPES
08-09-2012, 03:17 PM
Buy good stuff at metrorestyling.com
Did all my interior trim in 3m di-noc

I have had good results with the 3M version as well.

Jokeman
08-10-2012, 10:46 AM
I have had good results with the 3M version as well.

Yup, had it on my boat for a few years now.

The Driver
08-28-2012, 03:37 PM
I did my whole interior in 3m di-noc as well as their brushed aluminum line. It`s an amazing product and feels like the real thing. The aluminum is actually cool to the touch.