PDA

View Full Version : Hello from NY!

Black Mica 05
06-14-2012, 04:57 PM
Hi all! I`m a long-time detail freak. My car is not a daily driver but it is driven and showed. I try to keep it in show condition at all times. Lately I`ve been using Pinnacle Products and before that Griot`s Garage. I`m familiar with color sanding and the last few years I`ve used a Porter Cable.

I`m looking for a specific type of paint repair service. My car doesn`t need bodywork or paintless dent repair. It has a few scuffs on the front air dam and rear skirt. It`s a black car...these are small defects that nobody notices but me. I used to know a guy like this, they travel usually to car lots or high end car dealers. They repair minor "transport" damage. They do excellent small paint repairs, they blend paint seamlessly and make near perfect repairs.

I live outside of NYC near Nassau County. I`m new here and if I`ve posted this in the wrong forum I apologize. I`m just not sure how to go about asking for this recommendation or if it is even covered in this forum.

I hope someone knows someone that`s good in the Tri-State Area. Thanks!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/csr101/2005%20MazdaSpeed%20Miata/DSCN1135.jpg

Orinda Auto Detail
06-14-2012, 05:03 PM
Welcome to AF! And try Andrew Big A detailing. I know he`s in new york some where lol. Nice car btw

mjlinane
06-14-2012, 05:14 PM
Welcome to AutopiaForums!!

Old Pirate
06-14-2012, 05:30 PM
Welcome to Autopiaforums Black Mica, we have folks from the greater NYC area here that might help out and Andrew aka Big A is located in the Queens area of NYC. He might know someone and/or maybe himself can help you out. :welcome:

Black Mica 05
06-14-2012, 05:41 PM
Welcome to Autopiaforums Black Mica, we have folks from the greater NYC area here that might help out and Andrew aka Big A is located in the Queens area of NYC. He might know someone and/or maybe himself can help you out. :welcome:
Thanks...I spoke to Andrew and will probably show him the car. The problem is he knows good body shops but that`s not what I want. I don`t want to repaint the entire panel for a 3" x 2" defect or a tiny mirror scuff. I`m looking for a micro-paint repair on lower panels...think air brush. The guys that do this are sometimes called Scratch/Bumper King. They are usually mobile and do work for large used car lots or high end auto dealers.

Orinda Auto Detail
06-14-2012, 06:43 PM
Thanks...I spoke to Andrew and will probably show him the car. The problem is he knows good body shops but that`s not what I want. I don`t want to repaint the entire panel for a 3" x 2" defect or a tiny mirror scuff. I`m looking for a micro-paint repair on lower panels...think air brush. The guys that do this are sometimes called Scratch/Bumper King. They are usually mobile and do work for large used car lots or high end auto dealers.
You need a Touch up guy? I do a lot of paint touch ups but I would never offer on a show car... painting with out a clean room will not give show quality by any means. Also un baked finish`s usually have to be wet sanded and polished after 2 weeks. to remove dust nibs and what not. You could tape it off scruff the scratch, fill it with spot putty, use some prime sealer, and use OMNI rattle can made by the paint store. OMNI has clear mixxed in and the should get you like an 80% improvement if you do it right.

rider9195
06-14-2012, 07:28 PM
Welcome to AF from NY as well!

BobbyG
06-15-2012, 04:15 AM
:welcome: To Autopia Forums!!

tropicsteve
06-15-2012, 11:47 AM
welcome to AF, sometimes the little stuff can drive you crazy.