PDA

View Full Version : van setup

jgibson2980
06-04-2012, 04:58 PM
I have a e250 and would like to see pic of peoples vans to see how i would like to set it up . I have a 300 gal water tank , presure washer , and a genrator . the van is setup now the way the former owner had it , the tank is in the middle not over the rear end . and it is a pain to get in an d out the back doors to get to supplyes , any pics would help thanks

mrclean81
06-04-2012, 05:14 PM
300 gal is a massive tank for that van. My only advise at this point is to move it over the axl before something breaks. The placement of everything else is just personal preference. Try Google Images for pics of setups. Im sure there are a bunch on there.

jgibson2980
06-04-2012, 05:54 PM
I never fill it up to 300 . i run like 150 or so . It was in the van when i bought it , Ive looked on google i cant find any good pics .

jgibson2980
06-04-2012, 05:57 PM
The former owner has ran the tank in the middle for yrs , everything seems fine . and the van is plenty big enough to hold that kind of weight i think i might add some over load springs to the van tho to be safe and i am going to move the tank over the rear end .

mrclean81
06-04-2012, 10:47 PM
That would be a good idea. I worked for a commercial truck and van dealership for years. I`ve seen it all lol. 2500 series vans will carry a lot of weight and are built like tanks, but they are really vulnerable to rust. Take some preventative measures such as rubberized undercoat on the floor of the cargo area. That will help. I`ve seen those vans completely rust through in 10 years if they are from an area like Michigan or Ohio, or if they are subjected to a lot of water and such. You can imagine the mess you would have if the floor rusted through under the tank. Overloads will really help too, especially in the handling and braking departments. I`m actually planning on setting up a new van pretty soon myself because I`m currently working without my own water and electric..real pita in some situations. I wish I could offer you some good pics of some setups but I really don`t have any. That seems to be an area that people are pretty tight lipped about. Good luck with it and keep us posted on how it comes along.

Gurge
06-05-2012, 11:06 AM
maybe this will help?

Here`s mine, now SHOW me YOURS! (detail rigs only!!) - Auto Geek Online Auto Detailing Forum (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/6342-here-s-mine-now-show-me-yours-detail-rigs-only.html)

In my opinion I think your first move is to get a tank half that size. You say you only carry 150 anyway, its strain on the van if filled all the way, takes up a lot of space etc. Consider that 1 gal of water is roughly 8 pounds. So 150 gallons is like 1200 pounds. a full 300 gallons and you`re literally carrying over a ton of water. Unless you`re irrigating a farm I feel like that is overkill

good luck to you

jgibson2980
06-05-2012, 08:40 PM
Ok , so i moved everything in the van today , looks like im going to need some over load or helper springs . But it will do for now. I have not worked out of it yet but i can get in and out of the side doors way better. I have the generator and preasure washer in the rear of the van. Water tank is over the axel .I know the tank is over kill but i came with the van so im not going to get rid of it yet . plus if i get some car lots it will come in handy. Ill post pics later.