PDA

View Full Version : Does this type of product exist?? (tire dressing)

wmflyfisher
06-02-2012, 10:58 PM
I need a tire dressing that:

- Is water based
- Has low to medium gloss
- You can spray on
- You can dilute
- You DON`T have to wipe off or distribute with a sponge
- Will NOT sling (if at all possible)

I just want to spray and walk away.

PB Bold & Bright??

Any help would be great!

Dr Oldz
06-02-2012, 11:14 PM
Meg`s Hyper Dressing is the closest

glen e
06-02-2012, 11:19 PM
Stoners more shine meets this....except for dilution, but spreads very well with sponge applicator

I don`t like to spray and walk away because I leave some always on the rim...I`ll use a sponge

dd1101
06-02-2012, 11:27 PM
Megs hyper dressing... Love it. I used it on all 3 of are cars today.... Here is a pic of my Acura this is diluted 3:1...sorry its cellphone pic.

http://i1249.photobucket.com/albums/hh515/dnd2984/pho.jpg

mrclean81
06-03-2012, 12:08 AM
There are plenty of products that fit those needs, but in my honest opinion, the spray and walk away method looks like crap because the dressing isnt evenly distributed across the tire. You end up with so much product on the surface that it looks greasy. Kinda reminds me of a highschool detailer with his Black Magic Wet Look. For a low gloss finish, your way better off taking 2 minutes to wipe the tires down. Hyper Dressing or Bold & Bright would fit your needs well though. Both are great products :)

Nth Degree
06-03-2012, 12:40 AM
Mrclean is right about the spray on looking uneven without a wipe. Hyper Dressing is probably the best value and most versatile. Opti-Bond is worth mentioning as well. Take the extra 15 seconds per tire and hit them with an applicator sponge.

CH.Detailing
06-03-2012, 01:10 AM
Opti-Bond, Car-Pro PERL...

erobertson
06-03-2012, 07:18 AM
Opti-bond used with their sprayer fits all your criteria and looks / works great. You`ll get a satin gloss and very easy to apply.

opie_7afe
06-03-2012, 12:35 PM
opti-bond and a paint spray gun, or one of those preval sprayers, can find em at walmart. why are you trying to be lazy? takes like 4 minutes to dress all 4 tires.

wmflyfisher
06-03-2012, 09:41 PM
opti-bond and a paint spray gun, or one of those preval sprayers, can find em at walmart. why are you trying to be lazy? takes like 4 minutes to dress all 4 tires.

Not when your tires look like this :) Now do you see why I`m looking for a spray and walk away? Wiping in all of these crevices would be a PITA!

rzatch
06-03-2012, 10:03 PM
Not when your tires look like this :) Now do you see why I`m looking for a spray and walk away? Wiping in all of these crevices would be a PITA!

gotcha guys on the "it only takes".....:rofl

mrclean81
06-03-2012, 10:05 PM
Have you looked into a good tire foam? Many Walmarts sell Surf City Garage, and its a good product. Might be just what you need. I`ve had Swampers before and detailed a lot of trucks with them...huge pain in the ***

wmflyfisher
06-03-2012, 10:11 PM
Have you looked into a good tire foam? Many Walmarts sell Surf City Garage, and its a good product. Might be just what you need. I`ve had Swampers before and detailed a lot of trucks with them...huge pain in the ***

Thanks Clean. Nope haven`t heard of it. I`ll see if I can find it.

mrclean81
06-03-2012, 10:16 PM
Any foamy tire dressing would work. Megs makes several, Armor All (which I rarely suggest but it does work), there are a bunch out there. Many of them have a little cleaning ability as well. I`m not a huge fan of tire foam, but for those kinds of tires its really the best way I`ve found.

opie_7afe
06-03-2012, 11:28 PM
ok! i withdraw my statement, now i get where your coming from! man those are some meats! if you have a aircompressor get a cheap air sprayer from harbor freight or the optimum spray gun or can even use a wagner electric paint sprayer. opti-bond or perl should work good