PDA

View Full Version : My Reutation Is Shot Here

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Beemerboy
05-31-2012, 12:16 PM
Well at least all the rep points I had. I`m not sure what happened to all of them, but it appears I`m back one!

I find that interesting to say the least.

Thanks to the one member that pointed it out.

TroyScherer
05-31-2012, 12:36 PM
It`s okay Dave. I know your one of the one I can trust for good solid advice.

Beemerboy
05-31-2012, 12:49 PM
It`s okay Dave. I know your one of the one I can trust for good solid advice.

Thanks Troy:yay

RZJZA80
05-31-2012, 02:45 PM
All that forum stuff doesn`t matter, means nothing, so why even worry or post about it?

Pockets
05-31-2012, 02:53 PM
All that forum stuff doesn`t matter, means nothing, so why even worry or post about it?

I`d say it matters because its from users not just post count.

It shows that people actually valued your opinion

Sorry to see that Dave :(

Beemerboy
05-31-2012, 04:24 PM

Pockets hit on the head!!!

Todd@RUPES
05-31-2012, 05:24 PM
Not sure why this is, it could be because of previous infractions. If you remember what your previous reputation was I would gladly restore it.

Concours.John
05-31-2012, 05:32 PM

Agreed. I know when I first joined it was an indicator of someone who gave sound advice.

Beemerboy
05-31-2012, 06:01 PM
Not sure why this is, it could be because of previous infractions. If you remember what your previous reputation was I would gladly restore it.

Todd, Thanks but I`ve had two infractions on this site since it changed hands. Prior to that I had zero, just saying

I had at least as many as I see you have some where around 8 or 9 blocks if that`s how they are counted.

Old Pirate
05-31-2012, 06:15 PM
I never think of this till you mention it Dave.

Beemerboy
05-31-2012, 06:20 PM
I never think of this till you mention it Dave.

As its been stated, its a benchmark for someone to see that many other posters have thought your advice was good or helped them.

Does it really matter a lot to me, not that much. But its nice to have the recognition.

TroyScherer
05-31-2012, 07:17 PM
Dave, back when this was the old DC I agree it seemed to have more value. In the last while since the change over I think it has gone by the wayside. I see and get a lot more "likes" than anything. In fact I don`t remember the last time i gave out advice and got rep points. Instead it`s almost always a like anymore.

But I see your point and as a senior member it does mean something as it tells everyone as well as the newbies that you are someone to be trusted and have a large post count because of knowledge and not just random post and comments.

Dr Oldz
05-31-2012, 07:20 PM
That kinda sucks man. Don`t feel bad I barely have any "Blocks". I do remember you having a bunch for sure and always made sure to read what you have written partially due to that fact (especially when I first joined here).

Guess now I will have to skip over what you say since you are a "One Blocker" again. :D

mrclean81
05-31-2012, 07:42 PM
Dave you had one of the highest rep ratings here. Hopefully this gets resolved.

BobbyG
05-31-2012, 08:27 PM

One of the biggest obstacles I see is many here are under the impression that hitting "Like" adds to ones reputation and it does nothing more then adds number if likes given and received...

I raised this up a year or so ago and some were shocked at their function and believed clicking like added to ones reputation...