PDA

View Full Version : Dent repair

classofshine
05-30-2012, 08:04 PM
Anyone had any luck using one of the glue style dent repair tools? Similar to this one.
Amazon.com: Dent Out Cross Bar Ding Repair Kit: Automotive

I dont know if kids in the neighbor hit my car with a ball or what happened, but I have 1 on the roof, 1 on my trunk, 2 on the door, one I know was from some jackass at works door! Really pissed me off. Trying to decided if I should/could DIY without causing any more damage or if I need to find a paintless dent repair professional in central MD.

Thanks

mrclean81
05-31-2012, 12:37 AM
Find a PDR guy because those tools are junk. Tuscarora Dave did a good review on one a couple years back. While it did make the dent better, it was far from 100%. Unless you aren`t picky (and you wouldn`t be here unless you were), you won`t be happy with the results.

vdubbya
05-31-2012, 04:47 PM
I agree with mrclean81. Find a reliable PDR guy and get it fixed the right way. Might cost you a couple hundos but you`ll never have to think about it again.....or look at it for that matter.

classofshine
06-01-2012, 10:43 AM
Thanks for the feedback, Ive never had PDR done, what should I expect cost to be for 4 small dents?

Orinda Auto Detail
06-01-2012, 11:57 AM
Thanks for the feedback, Ive never had PDR done, what should I expect cost to be for 4 small dents?
depends on how many panels its onI usually go 150$ a panel but I`m also in CA and kinda on the high side of prices for everything. But I know a lot of guys that do 30-50 a dent for normal dings