PDA

View Full Version : Old School BLACKFIRE!!!!

Todd@RUPES
05-23-2012, 09:47 AM
I had a customer send me these bottles. These bottles are circa 2002, long before BLACKFIRE had become an established name in car care.

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x121/tropicaldetailing/af/bfoldschoo.jpg

Here is some web copy from Feb 2001 (from Wayback Machine):

Digital wax!

In trying to describe the difference between BLACKFIRE products and conventional products, we often refer to a new group of polymers. Our chemist calls them “super polymers”.

In reality, these polymers are available to anyone. You can buy them from Wacker-Chemie, Munich, Germany. At last count, I think they catalog over 3000 different polymers and no, I am not going to list in print which ones we use!

I will share the fact that we evaluated hundreds and hundreds of formula variations in developing BLACKFIRE All Finish Paint Protection. What we ultimately achieved was a group of polymers, based on the element silicon, that could work together to mimic the reflection characteristics of carnauba wax.

These polymers have a crystal structure that refracts light, similar to a diamond, to create the same liquid, shimmer that only the very best carnauba waxes create. Some of my notebook entries on our final formula tests list: “Sterile shine gone!” “Hard edges around water spots reduced.” “Paint glows and ripples like it is underwater.” “Reflection of sky shows remarkable clarity & vividness. Looks like a Monet painting.”.

I think of BLACKFIRE All Finish Paint Protection as a high-tech, digital wax! The silicon polymers we use have the look of the very best carnauba waxes yet are stable from -100 degree F. to +480 degrees F. All Finish Paint Protection incorporates high surface bonding, is exceptionally water repellent and has very high resistance to ultraviolet and infrared radiation. This keeps your car’s finish protected month after month and wash after wash.

The unique oil-in-water emulsion is safe for all paint finishes with or without a clear coat. This emulsion contains a small amount of a very refined mineral spirit in a water base. It does not contain any of the strong, VOC solvents found in most polymer products. Multiple coats can be layered to deepen the gloss without introducing strong solvents that could dry and weaken the paint. BLACKFIRE All Finish Paint Protection wipes on easily and buffs off uniformly without streaks. You simpy walk around your car wiping on and buffing off as you go.

mustangmikeFL
05-23-2012, 09:48 AM
sweet, I love the old Diablo on the label, I haven`t seen one of those in years

mjlinane
05-23-2012, 09:54 AM
Cool stuff!!

TroyScherer
05-23-2012, 10:49 AM
Now thats a collectors item. :bigups

Pats300zx
05-23-2012, 11:35 AM
Wow. I remember those bottles. A friend of mine in our local Z club was a huge Blackfire fan.

milky
05-23-2012, 11:44 AM
Those are mint! Mine looked a lot worse :D

glfahlc1
05-23-2012, 05:15 PM
that was a couple years before i got into serious detailing...those are cool though

Old Pirate
05-23-2012, 05:24 PM
I remember them also.

Bunky
05-23-2012, 06:10 PM
This like retro week.

tropicsteve
05-23-2012, 06:31 PM
the not so old school "blackfire ivory carnauba spray cleaner wax"
the new stuff is definitely an improvement with much better shine !

Old Pirate
05-23-2012, 06:41 PM
the not so old school "blackfire ivory carnauba spray cleaner wax"
the new stuff is definitely an improvement with much better shine !

Great shots there Steve!