PDA

View Full Version : Hi Gloss Pads at Autopia-CarCare.com

Todd@RUPES
05-18-2012, 09:39 AM
The first thing you will notice is there are no exclamation points in my thread title! Why?

I generally try to post about new products as we bring them into the store. Some products are so good at their intended roles that I prefer a softer `launch` to avoid the type of hysteria and pandemonium that could tear the internet, itself, apart! Constant Pressure Hi-Gloss Pads, by Lake Country, are such products that are better served in a gentle manner. I like the internet the way it is, and I do not need forum members acting like teenage girls at a Beatles concert circa 1964. While your paint may not know the difference, this isn`t the Ed Sullivan Show!

We have had Hi-Gloss Pads at Autopia-CarCare for a little while now, so I suppose it is okay for me to `let the cat out of the bag`.

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x121/tropicaldetailing/af/higloss.jpg

Hi-Gloss Pads have three distinct features that separate them from standard foam pads.

Instant Rebound Foam- These are duo-foam pads that feature a layer of blue “Instant Rebound Foam”. This soft, highly-compressible foam instantly returns to its original shape. This allows the foam to help disperse any off-axis angle of the pad, keeping the pad flatter to the paint. Ideal for beginners or complex body curves.

Back-Cut Backing Material- The backing material is slightly smaller than the pad to make centering an appropriate sized backing plate easy. The back of the cut is then `back-cut` to provide a margin of safety and prevent interference.

Beveled or Rolled Polishing Edge- The face of the pad features a rolled edge. This reduces the chance of holograms when using a rotary polish (because there is not sharp edge that digs in) as well. This edge is `tuned` to the size of the backing plate, so all of the force applied to the pad is transferred to the polishing area of the pad.

Ultimately, Hi-Gloss pads are like going to the custom pad store and clicking on every option in the book. Navigation? Check. DSG-Dual Clutch Transmission? Check. Leather Seating? Check. The end result is a premium grade pad that has several distinct advantages over standard pad offerings.

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x121/tropicaldetailing/af/ccs.jpg

The Hi-Gloss Pads are currently available in a wide range of standard polishing foams with the hi-tech CCS pad face in 6.5 inch, 5.5 inch, and 4 inch pad sizes. Check out our wide range of Polishing Pads at Autopia-CarCare.com (http://www.autopia-carcare.com/lake-country-pads.html).

Please with hold your excitement! While these pads are ideal for new polishers with a DA and even better on a rotary, we don`t need the internet to break!

embolism
05-18-2012, 10:12 AM
talk about coincidence. I just used a contant pressure flat white polishing pad for the first time last night as sort of a pre-spring detail test.

was a little wary about the thicker foam as I`ve always used 7/8 pads but my worries were unfounded. These pads didn`t stop rotating, even if I purposely edged the pad.

I think I`m in love... off to write a review now

edit: hmmm, couldn`t find the cp flats at the store... I think I got these during the closing sale at PAC last winter. oh well..

dd1101
05-18-2012, 12:02 PM
talk about coincidence. I just used a contant pressure flat white polishing pad for the first time last night as sort of a pre-spring detail test.

was a little wary about the thicker foam as I`ve always used 7/8 pads but my worries were unfounded. These pads didn`t stop rotating, even if I purposely edged the pad.

I think I`m in love... off to write a review now

edit: hmmm, couldn`t find the cp flats at the store... I think I got these during the closing sale at PAC last winter. oh well..

I got the flat white CP also. Would this be a better fit for TPnS or BFWD.

SP4449
05-18-2012, 01:04 PM
Thanks Todd!

I guess I need to add these pads to my "study hall" reading list. Just when I think I know what I want you add another product for my review. This is really a fascinating subject - detailing that is. Product selection, well that is another matter.

Looks the the Internet has survived your announcement a lot better than NASDAQ - Facebook this morning.

Jim

Todd@RUPES
05-18-2012, 01:16 PM
Thanks Todd!

I guess I need to add these pads to my "study hall" reading list. Just when I think I know what I want you add another product for my review. This is really a fascinating subject - detailing that is. Product selection, well that is another matter.

Looks the the Internet has survived your announcement a lot better than NASDAQ - Facebook this morning.

Jim

I`m not sure about that yet! We had some unexplained power outages here today, I think it`s just the beginning.

embolism
05-18-2012, 02:37 PM
I`d say the flat white would be good for TPnS

I tried it with 106FA last night and it did pretty well. Man that stuff is oily though... had to use some ONR lube to get it off. Had a bit of an issue with dusting too... maybe I was using it at too high a setting on the GG (5.5).

Like I said, I was worried about the thickness of them haha