PDA

View Full Version : Window tint? How dark are your windows?

Pages : [1] 2

mikeyg402
05-15-2012, 10:29 PM
Just a general question out there for you folks, for the people that have tinted windows how dark are they? Do you ever get hassled by the cops in your local region?

On my explorer I have 15% on all the windows. On the rear 5 they appear darker because of the factory tint and now I have 35% on the entire windshield. Its the best thing since sliced bread :D Every car I`ve owned has had dark tint and this vehicle its actually the lightest on. As for the whole windshield being done, I love it. It reduces glare, its not too dark so it doesnt reduce visibility at night too bad and it looks great. But my two front windows you can still see right thru them during the day so they`re gonna be darkened up a bit.

As for police in Omaha they don`t care one bit. I get hassled mostly when i go into Iowa, which is often but rarely get an actual ticket.

http://www.1320video.com/img/album370/tintz.jpg

mrclean81
05-15-2012, 10:58 PM
20% on mine. Illinois State Troopers don`t appreciate it at all, but the local cops don`t say much about it. Back in the 90s I got a lot of grief for tint, but they have eased up on it over the years. They would nail you to the wall over your windshield around here though.
http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae188/mrclean81/Mytruckon2s.jpg

Addicted2Bling
05-15-2012, 11:35 PM
It always seems like the best tint is illegal. I used to have mirror tint over a layer of black limo tint and you couldn`t see sh## in it, I would be parked at wal-mart just chillin in my truck and girls would come up to my windows and start fixing their hair. I used to love it, it was almost as dark as a movie theater in my truck... But as far as getting pulled over left and right it was really a big cop magnet, that and the fact my truck was lowered, the cops just couldn`t wait to pull me over. Eh, who am I fooling, it was worth it =D

s.price0789
05-16-2012, 11:43 PM
lol i love this. i tint windows for a living in missouri and have heard some serious horror stories about tickets i had one lady almost lose her liscense because a state boy put "operating a vehicle with vision impairing material on windows" wich made this a moving violation adding points to her already jacked up driving record, tha real bs was it was only 20% instead of 35%... personally i have 5% over the factory on the rear with 15% on the fronts, whole windshield @ 35% with a phat a$$ eyebrow underneath on my xterra, followed with an H.I.D. kit no vision cut down at night and looks sick. i have never even been asked about it by an officer and i get pulled over rather often lol dumb stuff mostly... best part is when i get off duty officers in my shop n they ask for 5% all the way around and "doing my job" i inform its illegal i always get the same response "its ok im a cop".... right...

dd1101
05-17-2012, 12:31 AM
I think I got 15% on my Acura TL which was done like 10 years ago, on my newer Acura they did 35% up front and 15% on the other windows.

I am currently living in WV and the tint law is pretty strict 35% all around or you will fail state inspection.

BIOLINK
05-17-2012, 12:31 AM
Mine is 20% all around. I think AZ limits the front to 35% but the cops rarely hassle anyone, unless you need an attitude adjustment. :D No state inspection here.

dd1101
05-17-2012, 01:55 AM
Just a general question out there for you folks, for the people that have tinted windows how dark are they? Do you ever get hassled by the cops in your local region?

On my explorer I have 15% on all the windows. On the rear 5 they appear darker because of the factory tint and now I have 35% on the entire windshield. Its the best thing since sliced bread :D Every car I`ve owned has had dark tint and this vehicle its actually the lightest on. As for the whole windshield being done, I love it. It reduces glare, its not too dark so it doesnt reduce visibility at night too bad and it looks great. But my two front windows you can still see right thru them during the day so they`re gonna be darkened up a bit.

As for police in Omaha they don`t care one bit. I get hassled mostly when i go into Iowa, which is often but rarely get an actual ticket.

http://www.1320video.com/img/album370/tintz.jpg

Just be careful driving man, if you ever get into a accident, your fault or not, and a "good" lawyer is involved you will be done for. Once they see that front windshield tinted its just hard to fight....Unless you have a doctors note or Glaucoma :)

Todd@RUPES
05-17-2012, 06:51 AM
I would be parked at wal-mart just chillin in my truck and girls would come up to my windows and start fixing their hair. Did you want the girls that shop at walmart fixing their hair in your window? I don`t know because I don`t shop there, but I have seen that website.

In Florida you can have 15% everywhere but the front windows, which are limited to 28%. That is what I have on my car.

Addicted2Bling
05-17-2012, 07:24 AM
^^It really didn`t bother me, I just thought it was funny that they would do that. There was a couple of times I wanted to scare them but never did...

Yeah you can get by with having the front windows tinted if you roll them down when you get pulled over...

Old Pirate
05-17-2012, 08:43 AM
I got 28% in front side, 15% rear side and back

SGM2008
05-17-2012, 09:44 AM
Tint Laws by state .....

Welcome to TintLaws.com (http://tintlaws.com/)

tropicsteve
05-17-2012, 10:28 AM
window tint can really help keep a vehicle cooler and is definitely a necessity here i FL., but the blackout limo tint is a life threat hazard to officers, especially at night. legal in Fl:
• Windshield Non-reflective tint is allowed along the top of the windshield above the manufacturer`s AS-1 line.
• Front Side Windows Must allow more than 28% of light in.
• Back Side Windows Must allow more than 15% of light in.
• Rear Window Must allow more than 15% of light in.

Pats300zx
05-17-2012, 02:28 PM
I got 20% all around on my 350Z :bigups

SP4449
05-17-2012, 03:01 PM
I stayed legal, 35% sides and rear.

Hate to think of the cost to remove illegal tint. I had a friend in California with a BMW. He paid the ticket, paid to have the illegal film removed and paid for a legal tint.

Also, as others have said I wouldn`t want to be in an accident with illegal tint, especially an accident at night. I suspect it would also affect your auto insurance when it was all said and done. And I would hate to think that I caused an accident as a result of reduced visibility.

Just my two cents.

Jim

Addicted2Bling
05-17-2012, 06:24 PM
^The only place you can really have illegal tint is in the back and sides of the car. If someone hit you from the back or sides it would be their fault no matter how dark your window tint is...