PDA

View Full Version : Honest kid!

ca.detailchick
05-06-2012, 12:24 AM
This happened today when I was detailing at a customers house and thought I would share the story although it doesnt have any humor in it ,
it was inspiring and made my day!

The next door neighbors boy came over to me and in a polite tone of voice informed me" I accidentily hit your car with a tennis ball and I dented it!"

This boy couldnt have been any over 10 years old. I walked with him over to my van and looked up and down the sides and couldnt find any marks let alone any dents.

I told him everything was fine,not to worry and thanked him for telling me .

I was so surprized he had even told me! Then I thought maybe his parents had seen it and told him to tell me . But when his Dad came outside I heard him tell his Dad he hit my van with a tennis ball and thought he dented it. He was still so worried! I again told him it was fine and told his Dad how impressed I was that he even told me and cared .

When I was a kid I am pretty sure only 2 things crossed my mind if I did something wrong or had an accident,run from the crime scene or lie if asked about it!!! :D

This boy has already learned 2 things in life at a young age....honesty and taking responsibility! More than lots of adults I know.

Ive been smiling about it all day!:)

Even if he had put a dent in my van I would still be smiling!Awesome kid!

BIOLINK
05-06-2012, 01:25 AM
Tough van, my car dents if you look at it wrong.

Nice story. Good for him.

tropicsteve
05-06-2012, 05:53 AM
nice dc, sometimes there is hope for humanity.

BobbyG
05-06-2012, 07:05 AM
That`s a really great story!! :bigups

Nth Degree
05-06-2012, 01:32 PM
Can we vote for him for president? He`d probably do a better job than anyone in Washington now.

ca.detailchick
05-06-2012, 02:05 PM
I dont really have any kids in my life and keep hearing horror stories about how kids are disrespectful and wild these days.

I supose that could be true ,I dont know. Luckily I have seen the exact opposite in my few experiences .

A while back I was detailing my dentist vehicle in the parking lot. Not such a great neihgborhood either ,I always watch my back when Im there and hide my wallet and valuable things .

The next lot is about 3-4 feet down and I was working close to the edge and fell backwards comming off my ladder . It was a nasty fall too .I twisted my back and landed on my wrist and hit my head on the concrete . I layed there for a moment wondering if I was going to be able to get up and this kid appeared on a skateboard. I would guess he was around 10 years old also.

He gathered my things that flew out of my hand ,asked if I was ok and then held out his hand to help me up!

Luckily I was Ok except for a painful back for a few days . Even though Im old I must be pretty tuff!:D

Another amazing story of an awesome kid!

I have no doubt that the parents of these kids are doing a great job!:inspector:

Todd@RUPES
05-07-2012, 07:02 AM
Great story! Thanks for sharing DC. Honesty and responsibility are the two most important virtues in creating the next generation, it is good to seem somebody is succeeding!