PDA

View Full Version : Vintage Torque Fest 2012

CH.Detailing
05-05-2012, 10:48 PM
I`m too much of a n00b to 500px to figure out how to get the image tags, so I`m just gonna link the set for now.

This year`s Torque Fest was markedly similar to last years, in both the magnitude and the cars themselves. Easily over a hundred rat rods descended upon Iowa this year, but they were mostly the same ones, unchanged, from the year before. Even so, most of the cars are so intricately detailed and customized that it takes several different encounters before the car becomes familiar as a whole. I`m not particularly fond of hot rods, muscle cars, or ratted out barn finds but this event does not disappoint. It`s the combination of the cars, the music, the dirt track, and all the greasers and pin-up girls that come together to create a truly unique atmosphere, and this is what makes Vintage Torque Fest such an attraction. The event draws all kinds, and there will definitely be something there that you will enjoy.

Vintage Torque Fest 2012 (http://500px.com/chdetailing/sets/vintage_torque_fest_2012)

mrclean81
05-05-2012, 11:44 PM
Man I love those old rat rods so much. I really respect the work that goes into them, and definitely have a soft spot for the traditional period correct hot rods. My dad was one of those guys who would pick the ugliest car at the show because they used the parts that were available back in the 40s and 50s as opposed to whatever would work.

jtford95
05-06-2012, 01:34 AM
Those pix are soooo cool. Some day when I grow up...:rockon