PDA

View Full Version : Blackfire over Menzerna FMJ?

mtndriver
05-02-2012, 12:59 PM
I have a silver E550 that I previously used FMJ on. I have now switched to Blackfire Wet Diamond and am wondering if I need to use the Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish before I apply the Wet Diamond? The car does not need to be clayed at this time. Thanks.

Old Pirate
05-02-2012, 03:21 PM
If just have the time for BFWD, then its fine to layer over the FMJ.

mtndriver
05-02-2012, 03:39 PM
Thanks - after I washed the car I could see and feel tiny black particles still on the clearcoat so went ahead and clayed the whole car and now doing the prewax Blackfire conditioner. At least will be good for the summer now.

Todd@RUPES
05-03-2012, 04:21 AM
I have a silver E550 that I previously used FMJ on. I have now switched to Blackfire Wet Diamond and am wondering if I need to use the Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish before I apply the Wet Diamond? The car does not need to be clayed at this time. Thanks.

You don`t need to use Gloss Enhancing Polish before applying Wet Diamond, but it will help! You will get great results either way.

Wet Diamond is one of the easiest to use products out there and it is very forgiving of different application methods as well as what it is applied on top of. You could layer over FMJ with no problem.

However best results will always be achieved with Gloss Enhancing Polish first as it will chemically clean the paint and lay down a synergistic "primer" that will insure complete bonding and full adhesion of Wet Diamond. Because Wet Diamond is so user-friendly it really comes down to preference.