PDA

View Full Version : Meg`s Engine Kote

ranch4x4
04-29-2004, 06:10 PM
I heard Meg`s was discontinuing some products and Engine Kote was going to be one of them, so I ordered a gallon. I`ve heard so many great things about it I thought I better give it a try.

I have a few questions. Does it work as well as it claims? I read that after you clean your engine, just spray the EK on and let it dry. Is that it?

One more question, if any gets on your paint, does it remove the wax?

Deanski
04-29-2004, 11:03 PM
Applying EK can be tricky. Get a high quality spray bottle.

After testing EK, I found it leaving small beads that do not settle out.

I now use it for all wheel wells and undercarrage work. All my suspension parts have EK on it and they all look new. Dealer is amazed it still looks as it rolled off the delivery truck!

I`m using 303 and other products for engine (hoses, covers etc) other than EK due to the spotting.

EK smells like J&J floor Wax.

Regards,
Deanski

Bill D
04-30-2004, 08:21 AM
Deanski and I are doing the same thing.

AS for a replacment for EK, HRP over on Autopia suggested using Mop n Glo floor shine! I compared the two recently on a plastic container lid side by side and they do appear pretty similar. I`ll give that a shot once my gallon of EK is gone

shotime
04-30-2004, 11:38 AM
I think all EK is is acyrilics. I got this stuff from Castle at work called NV Vinyl and it`s an acryrilic based product, dries hard and does destroy spray heads left and right. I used some acryilic floor shine the other day and it worked and smelled just like the NV Vinyl. If you can find some cheap floor shine, just use that.