PDA

View Full Version : New Site!

Pages : [1] 2 3

CH.Detailing
03-26-2012, 03:52 PM
I`ve been working on my new site for several weeks now, and although it`s not quite finished yet I`m anxious to hear some feedback!

The portfolio galleries still need to be completed, and the Paint Correction gallery is going to be completely re-done (all the images are WAY too big, load times are terrible). The contact page still needs to have the code edited so the submission form redirects to my email account. And the blog page is just lacking content at this point, although I have plenty of older posts I can publish later.

I`m curious to hear what you think about the layout, loading times, overall appearance, ease of navigation, etc. Is there anything that you would expect to find, but don`t? Is all the spelling and grammar correct? How are loading times (and what kind of internet to you have)?

It`s a vast improvement over my old site and I`m very excited about it! :)

CH.Detailing (http://www.chdetailing.com)

C. Charles Hahn
03-26-2012, 04:12 PM
That looks AWESOME, Connor! Very nicely done.

I don`t really have anything negative to say about the site honestly.

CT3
03-26-2012, 04:21 PM
I think it looks top notch! Nice job.

I`ll have to dig around a little longer and see if I see anything.

I do see a space missing.

Even high end expensive vehicles are exposed to all these forms of filth, which make your car look worse before you even take delivery.My ‘New Car Prep’ is a tailored version of my ‘Deep Gloss’ package.;)

tropicsteve
03-26-2012, 05:09 PM
very nice connor. very professional.

Addicted2Bling
03-26-2012, 07:46 PM
Looking good. I like it

Old Pirate
03-26-2012, 08:02 PM
Speechless....:drool:

CH.Detailing
03-26-2012, 08:10 PM
Thanks guys, I appreciate the compliments. Now let`s hear the criticisms!

addysdaddy
03-26-2012, 08:56 PM
As a photographer, let me say the images are first rate Conner-professionally done & executed. The website is simple and clean-hope you don`t lose track of that. Very elegant, business like & 100 over 100 professional. I realize it`s still a work in progress but keep doing what your doing. Really enjoyed the images.

CH.Detailing
03-26-2012, 10:54 PM
Thanks addysdaddy, high quality images was a top priority with the site revamp. I consider myself more of a serious amateur photographer than a `professional`! Maybe once I can find a deal on a 70-200 f2.8, then I`ll consider charging for the post-detail photoshoots! ;)

TroyScherer
03-27-2012, 05:10 AM
Connor,
As everyone else has said it looks great. I did have one problem. When I went to the home page on my Ipad last night the picture slideshow didn`t load. Actually now that I am looking at it I didn`t get any of your background pictures at all. I assumed the background was black on purpose.

addysdaddy
03-27-2012, 06:23 AM
FWIW, you should consider the 70-200m f4 IS. Half the price, same image quality and MUCH easier to schlep around. It`s sharp wide open and the IS is awesome.

Todd@RUPES
03-27-2012, 06:29 AM
From an visual standpoint your site is GORGEOUS!

One thing you may consider is SEO. What are your potential customers or clients going to search for when they `google` you.

For example if you live in Chicago, you want to have terms such as: detailing, car care, Chicago in the first couple of sentences in your website, on your home page. Your website is very pretty, but is it visible to the search engines out there. If people cannot find your website, then it is just a spot on somebodies computer.

mikenap
03-27-2012, 06:31 AM
Easily one of the best sites I`ve seen yet. Everything flows well, nothing is harsh or displeasing to the eyes (not too busy or overdone with obnoxious color schemes), the text is well written and easy to understand. Very nice job Connor!

BIOLINK
03-27-2012, 06:42 AM
I love it too! Great pictured of your work!

Gurge
03-27-2012, 09:35 AM
wow. very nicely done

only suggestions I have are get a picture of your face on there (helps to build trust). clarify on the homepage and especially the webpage title the area you service ("CH Detailing Auto Detailing Madison Wisconsin" - something like that)

overall it looks like a winner. I especially like some of your service descriptions with the intros