PDA

View Full Version : Little help on starting out

adio369
03-19-2012, 02:58 PM
Hey guys, new member here! :rockon

Really like the forums so far, been looking around and stuff. Good information on here BUT...only thing is i`m somewhat confused as to what I should get. First i`ll start with my car, its a 2009 honda civic si BLACK! Bought it about a month ago and I noticed swirl marks (probably horrible detailer at the dealership) didnt notice it till i gave her a bath today.

Anyways, I really like the blackfire products but I`m trying to keep this under 120$. I will be doing everything by hand, eventually i`ll be a PC...just not now. Looking for any advice on polishes, waxes ect!

mjlinane
03-19-2012, 03:14 PM
Welcome to AutopiaForums!!

You can`t go wrong with BF.

You will need a machine to remove the swirls effectively.

glfahlc1
03-19-2012, 03:18 PM
don`t know how effective it`ll be by hand but bf polish and seal is supposed to fix minor imperfections.

adio369
03-19-2012, 03:21 PM
okay, worth a shot, if it doesn`t I guess I could bug the sh*t out of my buddy to let me use his work buffer. So the BFWD all finish takes the place of a wax?

mjlinane
03-19-2012, 03:24 PM
okay, worth a shot, if it doesn`t I guess I could bug the sh*t out of my buddy to let me use his work buffer. So the BFWD all finish takes the place of a wax?

BF WDAFPP is an excellent LSP. If you want wax, BF Midnight Sun is there.

adio369
03-19-2012, 03:26 PM
BF WDAFPP is an excellent LSP. If you want wax, BF Midnight Sun is there.

Alright, what is recommended? car is being kept outside. wouldn`t a wax be more durable or am I getting this completely wrong. haha

mjlinane
03-19-2012, 03:34 PM
Alright, what is recommended? car is being kept outside. wouldn`t a wax be more durable or am I getting this completely wrong. haha

Sealants are generally more durable. Go with BF WDAFPP.

adio369
03-19-2012, 03:49 PM
so generally speaking, Blackfire Wet Diamond Kit (http://www.autopia-carcare.com/wet-diamond-kit.html) a good kit to start with?

Old Pirate
03-19-2012, 03:53 PM
Yes you may go by hand using the BLACKFIRE Gloss Enhancing Polish (http://www.autopia-carcare.com/blackfire-gloss-enhancing-polish.html) on your new Honda. But it will be even better when or if you can get a polishing machine with pads that will help your shoulders from doing it by hand. the dealer use a glaze type product to shine and cover the paint up so customers think the paint is like it just came out of the paint booth. Just a little elbow work by you will accomplish the look it deserved. Welcome......:welcome: