PDA

View Full Version : Biodegradable APC or just commercial APC?

Payne
03-18-2012, 07:56 PM
Are there any really strong biodegrable apc`s for use on the exterior that will remove crud from around model name label trim, door locks, mirrors mounts, all the seams but not harm the finish or strip the existing wax/polish? I used the SEARCH feature but have not come up with anything. I have used nationally recognized biodegradable products but I might as well use water.

Alternately if there is no biodegrable-eco friendly product what apc (and I did a search on this as well) will clean all the dirt in the areas I mentioned and not harm the existing paint or wax? Oh, and work in 40-45 degree weather. It is driving me crazy to have to wait three more months for the optimum 70 weather temperatures when I am working outside...yeh, no heated garage or shop I can use.
Thanks,

Dr Oldz
03-18-2012, 08:29 PM
I think pretty much any APC is going to strip or degrade wax. So maybe just a good shampoo and some quaility brushes that won`t scratch the paint is your best bet if keeping the LSP intact is your goal.

Payne
03-19-2012, 12:31 AM
Thanks. I have the soft brushes and will forego the apc. I was hoping to make it an easy job. Just being lazy in 40 degree weather and since it just snowed now, will have to forego the washing as well. I was under the delusion that some all purpose cleaners, like some engine degreasers would remove the crud and not harm the paint but I guess that doesn`t mean it won`t remove the wax.

rzatch
03-19-2012, 07:37 AM
It may be more work first time around but you may want to use the APC to get everything good and clean and then re wax you car. From that point forward maintaining it should be much easier. Sometimes there`s no short cuts.

TroyScherer
03-19-2012, 08:46 AM
I agree with the others... APC will more than likely remove the wax protection you have. But at the same time it would be much easier to use an APC and clean everything up the first time and re-wax. From that point forward it should be much easier to keep everything clean and looking good.