PDA

View Full Version : Newbie here

muaythainoob
03-17-2012, 07:04 PM
Just bought a new car looking to give her first wash and detail. I`m very new to detailing, just looking to make the car easier to maintain. With that being said, ordering $130 worth of Blackfire stuff

Blackfire Total Polish and Seal
Blackfire Crystal Seal
Blackfire Wed Diamond Polymer Spray
Blackfire Conditioning Shampoo
Blackfire All purpose Cleaner

and some other stuff

David.

Orinda Auto Detail
03-17-2012, 07:09 PM
Welcome to AF! I`m sure between all the people here you could get all the advice you`ll need in maintaining your new car. I`m not familiar with the BF line although I`m thinking of trying but ask Todd Helm he knows all on that stuff! Good luck!

mrclean81
03-17-2012, 08:01 PM
Welcome to AF :) Good luck with your new obsession

muaythainoob
03-17-2012, 08:46 PM
After reading the forums for the last few days especially on reading Todd`s Blackfire product reviews. Blackfire seems to have very good products and easy to use. I like to spend as little time as possible while still making the car look shinny and easy to maintain. As you can see from the product I`m ordering, would like to try and stick with the Blackfire family.

I would like to use the product in the following sequence. Please let me know what you think

-BF conditioning shampoo to wash car
-BF Total Polish and Seal
-BF Polymer Spray to wipe off left over from Total Polish and Seal
-Top it off with Crystal Seal

mjlinane
03-17-2012, 09:10 PM
Welcome to AutopiaForums, David!

You`ll like the BF products. You can use your proposed sequence but probably don`t need the Polymer Spray step there. Won`t hurt, though.

Old Pirate
03-18-2012, 06:27 AM
Welcome to Autopiaforums, one thing is missing......clay.

BobbyG
03-18-2012, 07:38 AM
:welcome: To Autopia Forums David!!

The BlackFire line is an outstanding array or detailing products that will help you keep that new car sparkling for years to come. I have yet to try one of their products that performed "just OK" because they`re just that good...:bigups

Good luck with the new car and enjoy those BlackFire products....

muaythainoob
03-18-2012, 10:53 AM
Welcome to Autopiaforums, one thing is missing......clay.

Yup I guess I`m already making a newbie mistake. Since my car is only 1 month old and the paint is relatively smooth so I thought I didn`t need it. What clay bar do you think I should use? My only requirement is that it has to be easy to use and quick. Thanks

Old Pirate
03-18-2012, 10:56 AM
Blackfire Poly Claybar.

TroyScherer
03-18-2012, 05:22 PM
Welcome to AF David!!!