PDA

View Full Version : With Detailers Pro Series on sale, any MUST HAVE products?

Pages : [1] 2

Ecrissman
03-07-2012, 09:22 PM
Autogeek has Detailers Pro Series on sale until March 11th. I have never used any of their products. Do you have any go to Detailers Pro products you would recommend while they are on sale. I am trying to build up product assortments.

Currently I am looking for..
1. Tire Dressing
2. Wheel Well Dressing
3. Weather Strip/Seal preservative/dressing
4. Engine Hose wiring preservative/dressing
5. Painted Clear Coat rim wax or sealant

rzatch
03-07-2012, 09:28 PM
The only one I`ve used was Max Wax and was very happy with it. Smells good, goes on and comes off easy and a little bit goes a long way so a tub would last you a good long while. I actually got mine on BOGO and there is no way I`ll ever use two of them as far as it stretches. I know it`s not on your list but it would be a good buy if your looking for a nuba.

Flannigan
03-07-2012, 09:36 PM
DP tire gel is pretty good and can be cut 1:1 with water and sprayed on. It was my go to until I tried the old Blackfire Tire Gel. Maxwax is also pretty good especially considering the price. It isn`t awesome in any category, but it does everything well. The interior cleaner works pretty well, but smells terrible IMO. Same with the interior dressing, it works well, but the smell is just too overpowering for me.

mustangmike
03-07-2012, 09:42 PM
I`ve been using their rinseless wash and gloss and getting good results, leaves the paint slightly glossier and slicker even with Opti Coat applied. On my Escape the running boards and tires look a lot better after a wash, darker like they have been freshly dressed. Dries nice with no streaks or spots. I think it`s slightly better than ONR version 2, at least IME.

TroyScherer
03-08-2012, 06:46 AM
I have and use Max Wax and it is nice for the price. I would also suggest Xtreme Foam for a foam gun.

I have heard that the DP tire gel is nice; I have also heard of some diluting it since it is water based to make it a spray product which means you could double or even triple the investment.

Ecrissman
03-08-2012, 06:59 AM
I have and use Max Wax and it is nice for the price. I would also suggest Xtreme Foam for a foam gun.

I have heard that the DP tire gel is nice; I have also heard of some diluting it since it is water based to make it a spray product which means you could double or even triple the investment.

That might work perfectly and I could use it for tires wheel wells and rubber under the hood.

Flannigan
03-08-2012, 07:51 AM

Yep. I even put it in a paint gun (similar to the OPT spray gun but half the price) and applied it to tires and wheel wells like that. It worked great and gave a nice look.

cdoo932
03-08-2012, 08:22 AM
Never tried it but I am looking for a good wheel well and trim dressing.

Todd@RUPES
03-08-2012, 08:46 AM
The DP Clay and Clay lube are both really good.
The DP Rinseless Wash & Gloss is an excellent product, streak free, and leaves a nice, bright finish.
Also DP Poli-Coat is a very underrated paint sealant with great durability.
The Carpet Extractor Pre-Treatment is a must-have IMO for anybody who used a carpet exctractor and prefers to extract with water.
To be honest I haven`t tried a DP product I didn`t like but those are the ones I have used that stand out for their quality.

Flannigan
03-08-2012, 09:35 AM
The DP Rinseless Wash & Gloss is an excellent product, streak free, and leaves a nice, bright finish.
The Carpet Extractor Pre-Treatment is a must-have IMO for anybody who used a carpet exctractor and prefers to extract with water.
To be honest I haven`t tried a DP product I didn`t like but those are the ones I have used that stand out for their quality.
The carpet extractor treatment, is it just a cleaner you spray before you extract to losen stains, or does it go in the extractor?

Todd@RUPES
03-08-2012, 09:44 AM
The carpet extractor treatment, is it just a cleaner you spray before you extract to losen stains, or does it go in the extractor?

It`s a pre-treatment. You mist it on the carpet (brush it if it is on a stain) then extract with water.

embolism
03-08-2012, 10:00 AM
another vote for the tire gel. Never thought to dilute it for the wells though. Good tip!

Flannigan
03-08-2012, 10:18 AM
It`s a pre-treatment. You mist it on the carpet (brush it if it is on a stain) then extract with water.

Thanks Todd. I might have to give that a try.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk.

BobbyG
03-08-2012, 10:54 AM

The products in Bold above I`ve personally used several times and their performance is outstanding, really. While everyone raves about Optimum No Rinse car wash I feel DP Rinseless Wash & Gloss is still superior.

DP Poly-Coat is a terrific sealant. It lays down beautifully and after it hazes buffs to a gorgeous glossy shine. As Todd`s indicated, DP Poly-Coat Paint Sealant is very underrated, as a comparison, similar to Collinite 845 wax. Once you try either of these products you`ll be shocked at how well they perform and how little they cost...

PA DETAILER
03-08-2012, 12:38 PM
their interior protectant IS THE BEST I HAVE USED!