PDA

View Full Version : help make up my mind...please

BUDHOEHN
03-01-2012, 08:54 PM
I am willing to get multiple items if I need to. What I am looking for is a product that will work after washes and anytime in between,on a fairly clean car. Also something that could be a clay lube. I prefer something I can get in bulk for a good price. Like I said I will get multiple items if needed. I will be using 845, Fk1000p, and BFWD mostly. The items I`m looking at are

UWW+
Fk425
Ocw
Meg last touch
Cg v7
Bf poly spray
I got some aquawax for 8.00 local

glen e
03-01-2012, 08:58 PM
have the bf,aqua and meg sprays...wolfgang spritz is better to me

TroyScherer
03-01-2012, 09:10 PM
I personally love FK425 and DG Aquawax for my after wash drying aid and touch up.

rzatch
03-01-2012, 09:14 PM
For the money if it needs to also be a clay lube then either look at UWW or ONR. Understand though neither will give you that spray wax feel there is a trade off. To stay in the same family you could use ONR and OCW. I use both and have very good luck with them.

Street Dreams
03-01-2012, 09:18 PM
As much as FK425 leaves a great finish and repels dust I stopped using it because it can get streaky and is temperamental with the changing weather. Using that on a hot summer day on black paint is the opposite of fun.

V7 is a nice topper or QD on its own, too expensive for clay lube though you can use last touch for that... mind you LT does have a good bit of silicone in it, you car will bead after claying FYI. But it is the most economical product on that list, smells awesome as well!

BUDHOEHN
03-01-2012, 09:36 PM
I have no problem buying different products to get it all done. I need something to use as a final wipe after washing like a spray wax or qd and another item for a mid week wipe down and something to use as a lube. Now if one item will do two things and I need another item(s) to do other tasks then so be it. I would get 3-4 different items ( and may ) to do this just to try them out. I may end up with all the items I listed just to try. Thanks for the opinions, keep them coming.

BUDHOEHN
03-01-2012, 09:40 PM
I should probably add that I don`t want to re-wash after claying before using BFGEP, BFTPnS, D151, etc. Just clay, wipe, clean/polish, LSP.

glen e
03-01-2012, 09:59 PM
I just did this on two cars - one brand new BMW, and the other my DD below
1.clay with diluted ONR, I see no reason you could not clay with fine clay with car soaped with wash ...I`ve seen it done fine.
2.TPnS with green polishing pad on a GG6
3.poly spray to remove haze
4.followed by crystal Seal next day

the cars are both stunning
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h307/gersly123/ba967873.jpg

opie_7afe
03-02-2012, 02:16 AM
for me after every rinseless,waterless,standard wash i always apply some spray wax, the 2 i use are xmt 360SW and optimum car wax, both are really awesome products really gives that sealant like slickness. its great how the car looks after. i dont really use QD`s anymore i find they have no use for me id rather use a waterless product to remove light dust/smudges or spray wax for that final touch. i just honestly feel waterless washes or even onr diluted to QD ratio have more lubricity then a standard qd and thats why the rest of my megs last touch is just sitting there. now for clay lube best option with low cost would be optimum no rinse,detailers pro rinseless wash and gloss or ultima waterless wash, all of those products have 3-4 different dilutions for different things. best claylube imo is a solution made with a no rinse product. but thats my suggestion.

daveinsweethome
03-02-2012, 12:47 PM
my go do qd is fk 425 but i still find that i love Griots Garage speed shine. bought some on a bogo recently. i you ever get near tacoma, washington you have to see their store. a 50s flashback for us old timers.

Beemerboy
03-02-2012, 12:54 PM
Mine is simple I use PB S&W for waterless washes, then follow up with PB S&G. Either of these can be used as a clay lube and brought in bulk the S&W I get in 5 gallon containers.

Todd@RUPES
03-02-2012, 12:57 PM
I am willing to get multiple items if I need to. What I am looking for is a product that will work after washes and anytime in between,on a fairly clean car. [QUOTE]

BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond Waterless Wash (available in a concentrate) is excellent for this purpose. It is actually a great waterless wash on moderately soiled cars, so using it between washes is absolutely safe. It might even be over kill. You can use it as a drying aid as well, just one LIGHT mist per panel.

[QUOTE]Also something that could be a clay lube. I prefer something I can get in bulk for a good price. Like I said I will get multiple items if needed. I will be using 845, Fk1000p, and BFWD mostly.

There are lots of choices in clay lubes. I am partial to BLACKFIRE Clay Lube if you are using the BLACKFIRE clay. If you are looking for something that leaves nothing behind, then Meguiar`s M34 Final Inspection is a GREAT choice.