PDA

View Full Version : First Impressions: CG Hybrid V7

Niebelung
03-01-2012, 04:40 AM
Just wanted to leave my impressions on CG`s Hybrid V7 spray sealant/detailer. Didn`t have time for pics as I was doing this at night with sub-standard lighting at my parking structure. As product impressions tend to be subjective, I`ll use some common reference products to provide some level of comparison.

Process Used:

1) Rinseless Wash with ONR for body and wheels
2) Applied V7 to body panels with short nap MF towel. Tried with 2 methods: Spray first on towel and wipe onto paint; and spray onto paint and spread with MF towel. In both cases, I flipped to the dry side of the MF towel for a final wipe.
3) The body panels are prepped with Pinnacle Liquid Souveran as LSP and fortified every 2 weeks with Souveran Spray Wax.

Impressions of Product:

1) Product Characteristics: A thin, orange scented fluid that mists well from the CG sprayer. Will run down vertical panels easily if sprayed directly onto paint

2) Ease of Use: In a warm, humid environment, V7 flashes off quickly when spread with a MF towel. Initial wipe on is slightly tacky, though not as tacky as Meg`s UQD. Buff off is very easy (well, it flashed off so not much buffing to be done) and I could quickly feel the increased slickness of the paint during the buffing stage.

Given the thin viscosity and quick flash off of the product, I would prefer spraying it on a MF towel or MF applicator and wiping it on.

The product seems to play well with ONR, and I did not experience streaking, hazing or general weirdness over a freshly dried ONRed car. That`s a plus in my book.

3) Post Application Impressions: V7 is slick, very slick; and seems to achieve maximum slickness within the first 2 minutes of application. Comparing with a popular spray wax like OCW, V7 has a "sharper" gloss but slightly lower "depth and warmth".

12 hours after application (left parked overnight), the shine remains but slickness has dropped off. In contrast, OCW and WGDGSS would have become slicker than its initial application.

4) Personal Notes: V7 appears to be my preferred spray sealant/detailer now, as it has better ease of use compared to Meg`s UQD and smells much better than WGDGSS. The fall off in slickness is a mildly annoying factor though, and I`ll have to use it more often and form a better opinion on this.

Thanks for reading!

mjlinane
03-01-2012, 07:32 AM
Excellent review, Chris!

CT3
03-01-2012, 09:10 AM
Thanks for the great review!

Pats300zx
03-01-2012, 09:27 AM
Great review. I just got a 16 oz bottle of V7 the other day. I love it !!!

TroyScherer
03-01-2012, 09:47 AM
Thanks for your thoughts. I have a small 2oz sample I have used twice and do like it. It is very easy to use and smells like orange sherbet. Yum!

Street Dreams
03-01-2012, 12:10 PM
I really like it as well, almost finished with my first bottle.

I always go back and do a second wipe just because it`s a little thicker liquid compared to something like BF spray seal, which is also nice.

Todd@RUPES
03-01-2012, 02:15 PM
Very nice review, thanks for sharing!

rwright
03-01-2012, 07:04 PM
Thank you for the review. :)