PDA

View Full Version : Daytona 500

CH.Detailing
02-28-2012, 01:12 AM
Anybody else watch it? I only turned it on once Montoya crashed into the dryer truck and dumped jet fuel all over the track, and it was fairly uneventful from there on out. 40 laps and 10 cautions towards the end.

But Kenseth for the win! Gotta cheer for the home team. Interesting side note, the shop that builds his frames is located right behind my old high school.

Watch Juan Pablo Montoya`s Fiery Crash Into A Jet Engine Dryer Truck At The Daytona 500 (http://jalopnik.com/5888828/watch-juan-pablo-montoyas-fiery-crash-into-a-jet-engine-dryer-truck-at-the-daytona-500)

Concours.John
02-28-2012, 01:28 AM
My wife called me in to see the first crash after lap one. Then later for the fire. Didn`t get to watch the race but
what a mess both times. It seems Danika keeps ended up in the infield everytime something happens. I`m not a fan of her but her comment on how the car wrecks itself cracks me up.

CH.Detailing
02-28-2012, 01:38 AM
I watched her post race interview, it`s always interesting to see how a driver can try to put a positive spin on a fumbled race. But with all the wrecks and cautions it was truly anybody`s race, all planning, strategy, and skill just flew out the window.

Concours.John
02-28-2012, 01:55 AM
I watched her post race interview, it`s always interesting to see how a driver can try to put a positive spin on a fumbled race. But with all the wrecks and cautions it was truly anybody`s race, all planning, strategy, and skill just flew out the window.

Agree.

Gurge
02-28-2012, 09:20 AM
i`m a big nascar fan (insert redneck joke here)

I actually watched the entire thing and stayed up until 1am when it finally ended

only to watch Matt Kenseth win (booooring). at least this time it wasn`t a rain shortened win.

My dude finished 4th (Denny Hamlin in the 11)

the jet dryer accident was no question one of the craziest things I`ve ever seen in my years of watching racing

Todd@RUPES
02-28-2012, 11:36 AM
I kind of stopped watching NASCAR way back when Dale Earnhardt stopped dominating, but I did catch the highlights. That wreck was insane, glad nobody was seriously hurt!

Rocket
02-28-2012, 01:50 PM
I watched most of the race but fell asleep while they were cleaning up the jet fuel (I think they were almost finished). When I woke up the whole race was over and some celebrity show was on :(

Dale Jr came in second- about time he did something

Old Pirate
02-28-2012, 01:56 PM
I was leaving the hospital when it happen. Have been there all weekend and glad to using cell when the RN wasn`t looking........glad to see one hurt.

dfbjr1
02-28-2012, 08:28 PM
I was talking with my brother about the race. I said yeah Matt won the race but do you see the Montoya crash? So I think this 500 will be remembered for the Montoya crash more than the win.

Art of Shine
02-28-2012, 08:36 PM
How any Columbians does it take to shut down the Daytona 500?

Just Juan.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dfbjr1
02-29-2012, 08:17 AM
[QUOTE=Art of Shine;425177]How any Columbians does it take to shut down the Daytona 500?

Just Juan.

Cracks me up!:rofl

BobbyG
02-29-2012, 05:11 PM
It was one of the more bizarre Daytona 500 I`ve every watched. Rain-out, rear bump crash in lap 2, Pablo Montoya`s single handed crash on a straightaway... just to name a few...

Montoya said he`s hit everything else on the track except a jet dryer....now he`s hit that! :lol2:

Beemerboy
02-29-2012, 05:39 PM
It was one of the more bizarre Daytona 500 I`ve every watched. Rain-out, rear bump crash in lap 2, Pablo Montoya`s single handed crash on a straightaway... just to name a few...

Montoya said he`s hit everything else on the track except a jet dryer....now he`s hit that! :lol2:

I agree what a crazy race;)

davidmelis
02-29-2012, 11:08 PM
Not only did I stay up till the end Monday night (Tuesday morning actually). I endured the 4 hour telecast on Sunday waiting for the rain to stop in Daytona. All the while My man Smoke finished something like 19th. Waisted hours.