PDA

View Full Version : Pads Keep flying off PC

Addicted2Bling
02-20-2012, 06:14 PM
Lately I`ve been having problems with pads coming apart and flying off, and noticing there is a lot of heat on the backing plate. I took the backing plate off and noticed there was minor scrapage where the plate meets the PC. I don`t know what to do, I feel like throwing my PC in a lake. I paid all that money for good equipment and this is what I get. It`s making me :mad:

rider9195
02-20-2012, 07:08 PM
Did you put the washer on the backing plate before installing?

rzatch
02-20-2012, 07:12 PM
2nd that. if it is scraping then you need the washer. If you don`t have it you can get a fiber washer at the hardware store.

Old Pirate
02-20-2012, 07:15 PM
Looks like the washer is missing from your PC from the damaged you have mention and the part of pads coming off could be a number of things happening, one is the heat, the BP or pads are damaged in some way or your using way too much product and not changing your pads and / or cleaning them on the fly.

Addicted2Bling
02-20-2012, 07:28 PM
Did you put the washer on the backing plate before installing?

No, I didn`t even know there was supposed to be a washer:mad:

2nd that. if it is scraping then you need the washer. If you don`t have it you can get a fiber washer at the hardware store.

What size washer do I get???

Looks like the washer is missing from your PC from the damaged you have mention and the part of pads coming off could be a number of things happening, one is the heat, the BP or pads are damaged in some way or your using way too much product and not changing your pads and / or cleaning them on the fly.

No, no, no, I clean my pads, dry them, and only use 4 pea sized drops. It is definatly the heat, and that`s causing the glue to soften up on the pads causing them to malfunction :mad:

Old Pirate
02-20-2012, 07:31 PM
The washer should have been in the box where the PC 7424XP was in. If not you can call where you got it from and they should send you a new one to you. On the pads have you center them properly? sometimes that causes them too come off.

Addicted2Bling
02-20-2012, 07:37 PM
Yes I had it centered properly, but I noticed they started to warp and become uneven. The velcro part was still centered but the foam was warped and wobbly...

I guess this is a lifelong lesson... MAKE SURE THAT WASHER IS IN!!!!

rzatch
02-20-2012, 07:54 PM
[QUOTE=Addicted2Bling;423982]No, I didn`t even know there was supposed to be a washer:mad:

What size washer do I get???

I don`t have a PC but the one on my GG which should be the same is 5/16 ID X 1" OD and 1/32 thick.

Old Pirate
02-20-2012, 07:55 PM
Are all your pads doing this to you?

Addicted2Bling
02-20-2012, 08:01 PM
I don`t have a PC but the one on my GG which should be the same is 5/16 ID X 1" OD and 1/32 thick.

Are all your pads doing this to you?

Yes...

Old Pirate
02-20-2012, 08:05 PM
IMO it`s the backing plate then, but too much product coming thru the back will cause this problem also, check a different backing plate to see if your having the same problem.

Addicted2Bling
02-20-2012, 08:12 PM
^^That`s not a bad suggestion, but I`m pretty sure it has a lot to do with the backing plate rubbing against the counter weight which is causing it to heat up. I`m going to buy a new washer tomarrow, and if that doesn`t work then I`ll definatly buy a new BP

Todd@RUPES
02-22-2012, 11:36 AM
^^That`s not a bad suggestion, but I`m pretty sure it has a lot to do with the backing plate rubbing against the counter weight which is causing it to heat up. I`m going to buy a new washer tomarrow, and if that doesn`t work then I`ll definatly buy a new BP

I just got your visitor message on my page (I didn`t see it because it was a PM). Let me know if you still need help getting a washer!