PDA

View Full Version : PwC, does it strip old wax/sealant?

ben54
04-26-2004, 03:03 AM
Had to quickly clean my daily driver, and wanted to slap on a coat of wax or sealant. Hate to drive dirty cars. I grabbed PwC as it is "cleaner wax". Just wondering if PwC also strips any old wax or sealant that I had on the car. My last detail was with the Moose Twins several weeks ago.

Boss_429
04-26-2004, 07:20 AM
I would think the PWC is stong enough to remove most carnauba waxes.............. removing good sealants is another story.

The Chee
04-26-2004, 07:38 AM
Is there any other way to remove sealant besides alcohol?

Boss_429
04-26-2004, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by circus1
Is there any other way to remove sealant besides alcohol?

A mild abrasive polish will do it!

groebuck
04-26-2004, 07:55 AM
I think PwC applied by PC should remove any sealant or wax -

Poorboy
04-26-2004, 09:01 AM
I agree:D PwC should remove a sealant if rubbed well or used with a PC at a speed of about 5...it`s mostly polish so it should have no problems:)

The Chee
04-26-2004, 09:09 AM
Imagine if Steve comes up with ZAINO Remover :lmfao :lmfao :LOLOL

ben54
04-26-2004, 12:23 PM
Thanks for the info. Looks like using PP before PwC to remove old wax or sealant may be unnecessary.

groebuck
04-26-2004, 12:55 PM
Should be - they are both polishes so they will both well..Polish ;) - I normally use Pro Polish if I plan to SSR afterwards since I would be removing any of the carnuba left behind by PwC -

JimS
04-27-2004, 07:42 AM
All the SSR`s have more abrasive in them than the PP or PwC so any of those paint conditioning products will remove wax and sealant and Zaino....especially if used with the PC.

Abrasive products get rid of swirls/scratches by leveling the paint. They remove paint. That`s what polishing is...removal of paint. They scrub uneven paint off the metal and even it up, smooth it, polish it.

It`s easy then to see that any carnuba or sealant or any other product (Zaino) will be removed using a polish or swirl remover. A swirl remover, if it`s properly named, is a little more abrasive than a polish. Rubbing compund is a little more abrasive than a swirl remover.

The above is my amatuer take on this stuff. If I`m wrong please, one of you pros or more experienced guys, let me/us know.