PDA

View Full Version : Thank you PB 2.5!

ACE
02-08-2012, 12:10 PM
What a morning! I get a call at 7:45 am that a towtruck damaged my 2010 MB GLK 350. Turns out, the towtruck was towing a vehicle away and the vehicle owner attacked the driver, causing the driver to hit a tree, which fell on my car. Do you believe it? Fortunately for me, the tree was dead and a fence took most of the force, but it looked like I had some bad scratches on the hood and fender. On closer inspection, the metalwork was ok and the scratches looked possibly fixable. I hit it with some PB 2.5 and my Cyclo with orange pads and it came out PERFECT. Didn`t even have to drop down to a finer polish, although I probably would have in the spring. A great product, really. BTW, if you`re a PC user, the Cyclo is a definite step up in terms of paint correction. No contest, IMO, and it`s still totally safe if you can safely use a PC. Well, I was lucky this time.

Beemerboy
02-08-2012, 12:30 PM
I`ve been using the 2.5 for years, PC and rotary.

Glad that your car wasn`t damaged to repaint

mrclean81
02-08-2012, 12:34 PM
2.5, as well as the rest of their line of polishes, is excellent. In fact I rarely reach for anything else. Glad everything turned out ok for you and your car.

ACE
02-08-2012, 12:36 PM
Frankly, I`m amazed that a product so aggressive in terms of defect removal leaves such a nice finish behind. I think that on most colors, you can go right from 2.5 to sealant, which is a big timesaver. As I said, if it was the spring, I would have followed up with SSR 1 and a softer pad, but it`s absolutely fine for the winter.

Beemerboy
02-08-2012, 12:39 PM
Frankly, I`m amazed that a product so aggressive in terms of defect removal leaves such a nice finish behind. I think that on most colors, you can go right from 2.5 to sealant, which is a big timesaver. As I said, if it was the spring, I would have followed up with SSR 1 and a softer pad, but it`s absolutely fine for the winter.

The PB line of polishes can be pad dependent. Depending on what you want to accomplish.

Pockets
02-08-2012, 03:27 PM
Glad the 2.5 worked out for you and took out them nasty scratches!!

Glad the car is fine! Must have been a repo job if they were chasing after the tow truck lol

Todd@RUPES
02-08-2012, 03:47 PM
Wow, glad there wasn`t worse damage to you ride :rockon

Glad to hear 2.5 worked so well :D

GearHead_1
02-08-2012, 05:11 PM
Must be my eyes but that picture appears to show an obvious dent.

ACE
02-08-2012, 05:39 PM
No, it`s just the reflections. Damn, I was lucky. I sure never expected to have the Cyclo out of the box in February.

rzatch
02-08-2012, 10:30 PM
Must be my eyes but that picture appears to show an obvious dent.

ditto, I was thinking the metal is ok????