PDA

View Full Version : What`s the Difference Between a Quick Detailer & a Waterless Wash?

Jaddie
02-02-2012, 09:59 AM
Dear Friends

What`s the difference between a quick detailer and a waterless wash?

holland_patrick
02-02-2012, 10:03 AM
A waterless wash is made to handle more dirt the a quick detailer.

Spray & Wipe is a waterless car wash you can use as quick 15 minute solution for your dirty vehicle. If you have heavy dust or road spray, simply wash with Spray & Wipe without dragging out a bucket or hose. Just spray on and wipe clean. Does not contain any wax or abrasives.
USE IN SUN OR SHADE
JUST SPRAY & WIPE
WILL NOT SCRATCH
HAS NO ABRASIVES
HAS NO WAX
SAFE FOR CLEARCOATS
SAFE FOR ALL PAINTS
USE IN THE SUN
USE ON GLASS
USE ON CHROME
USE ON CONVERTIBLE TOPS
USE ON POLISHED ALUMINUM
USE ON WHEELS
USE AS YOUR CAR WASH
REMOVES DUST, DIRT, WATER SPOTS, ROAD GRIME, FRESH TAR, SAP & BIRD DROPPINGS

A QD

Turn on the ultimate gloss with Poorboy’s quick detailer plus(QD+)!
Poorboy’s World Quick Detailer PLUS is an easy on, easy off formula. Apply it in the sun or shade! Just spray and buff to instantly clean the paint and improve its shine.

Poorboy’s World Quick Detailer PLUS cleans and protects your vehicle any time, anywhere. Poorboy’s unique formula contains real Brazilian carnauba and polymers to give your vehicle a quick boost of shine and protection. QD+ helps reduce fading and oxidation with regular use. Maintain your vehicle’s showroom shine with Poorboy’s World Quick Detailer PLUS.

Poorboy’s World Quick Detailer PLUS is the perfect detail spray for touch-ups after waterless washing. Just spray and buff to remove light dust, fingerprints, smudges, and smears. The carnauba and polymer formula leaves a slick, protective coating on the paint that resists fading and oxidation. Over time, your vehicle will stay cleaner between details.

Use Poorboy’s World Quick Detailer PLUS anytime your paint needs a boost. The super slick polymers and natural carnauba enhance the existing paint protection while improving the paint’s gloss. Your vehicle stays protected longer!

Use Poorboy’s World Quick Detailer PLUS after each wash to prevent water spots. After you towel dry your vehicle, mist the paint with QD+. The polymers and carnauba will restore the gloss while removing fresh water spots.

In between details, Poorboy’s World Quick Detailer PLUS is an excellent way to maintain the shine. Just spray and wipe!

Poorboy’s World Quick Detailer PLUS is an easy on, easy off formula. Apply it in the sun or shade! Just spray and buff to instantly clean the paint and improve its shine

BIOLINK
02-02-2012, 10:04 AM
Edit: I got beat with a better answer.

Jaddie
02-02-2012, 10:16 AM
Dear holland_patrick & TID10

Thanks for responding. I appreciate the education.

mjlinane
02-02-2012, 11:24 AM
In some ways they are similar. In a QD review I read elsewhere, the author said "Quick Detailers are a tradeoff between a few key aspects: lubricity, cleaning power, protection, and gloss. Any increase in one leads to a decrease in the others." Think of waterless washes (in general) as max`ing out the first two while QDs are stronger at the last one.

Todd@RUPES
02-02-2012, 11:36 AM
Dear Friends

What`s the difference between a quick detailer and a waterless wash?

In general a waterless wash is designed to remove more soiling with out scratching then a quick detailer. Quick detailers usually (but not always) have more room in the chemical make up for gloss enhancers or shine increasing ingredients.

So in very general terms:

Waterless Wash products:
Able to remove more soiling safely
Add some gloss and protection.

Quick Detail Products:
Able to remove light soiling safely
Adds more gloss and protection.

Staying along general terms, most waterless wash products will still wipe away easily with no residue if over applied (which is frequently the case in order to encapsulate the grime and dirt on the surface), were as quick detailers can get a little streaky.

Of course differences can be individual and brand-specific as well.

Bunky
02-02-2012, 11:42 AM
The waterless wash to me is a purposed optimized detail spray. As said, it is intended primarily as a cleaner - easy to swipe and wipe off while cleaning. Protection, slickness, etc. are secondary aspects.

For detail sprays, the additives that clean, add slickness, protection (carnuaba), etc. vary widely by various suppliers. The goal is usually applying either during the wash process as a drying aid or on a clean surface to add gloss, slickness, and some protection.

The line between detail spray and spray wax can also be blurred as well. A spray wax tends to imply extended durability (a few weeks). For example, I have used Mothers FX Spray wax and it costs no more than the detail sprays yet adds gloss/slickness/protection and will last a couple weeks. It could be called a super detailer by some.

PB"s Spray and Wipe is the best waterless wash for use on surfaces that are warm. I have tried several but if I am working on a warm surface I like PB`s. When I use Adam`s. I never seem to be able to buff it clear since the carrier flashes so quickly leaving something behind. I found Ultima`s WW is the best cleaner.

Jaddie
02-08-2012, 09:18 PM
Dear Michael, Todd, & Al

Thanks for the education!

I mean it.

Todd@RUPES
02-12-2012, 08:03 AM
Dear Michael, Todd, & Al

Thanks for the education!

I mean it.

My pleasure, honestly! :rockon