PDA

View Full Version : I`m in Business!

Pages : [1] 2

LeMarque
01-29-2012, 09:38 AM
And they virtually gave it to me for next to nothing!

Just a couple of quick picks. I`m both inspired and under pressure to get it set up.

More later

CH.Detailing
01-29-2012, 09:48 AM
Holy crap, NICE work space!

BobbyG
01-29-2012, 09:57 AM
OK, I`m officially jealous!! Holy smokes that a nice place to detail in complete with an office!! :yourrock

Rocket
01-29-2012, 10:22 AM
Very nice. Looks like you have a great place to do work and plenty of room

kakeuter
01-29-2012, 10:23 AM
That place is massive, congrats.

-Kody-

BIOLINK
01-29-2012, 10:27 AM
:exactly: What they said!

C. Charles Hahn
01-29-2012, 11:19 AM
Very nice and clean! Good luck!

Timbrr
01-29-2012, 12:24 PM
Wow nice, you should do very well there.

Reality33
01-29-2012, 01:00 PM
wow... very nice! jealous... yes!

Concours.John
01-29-2012, 03:59 PM
Nice Space! Is the half wall where the washbay is?

Make sure your business is already established while your working on it now. I made the mistake of officially opening 3 months after taking possession. Now all my improvements etc. are divided up over 15 years vers. a up to $5,000 first year deduction. Talk to your tax advisor on this. Just because your not bringing in cars does`nt mean your not in business. This was a painfull lesson for me.

LeMarque
01-29-2012, 04:49 PM
Thanks all for you well wishes and support.

This space is actually what used to be a new car dealers shop; 8 lifts of more (now removed). They are letting me have use of all or part of it as need be. They are just the most easy going family I have ever met. Not your typical hard driving used car salesman types at all.

The dealership is now a `park and consign` type business with a second smallish used car business in the rear.

Concours.John

Nice Space! Is the half wall where the washbay is?

Make sure your business is already established while your working on it now. I made the mistake of officially opening 3 months after taking possession. Now all my improvements etc. are divided up over 15 years vers. a up to $5,000 first year deduction. Talk to your tax advisor on this. Just because your not bringing in cars does`nt mean your not in business. This was a painfull lesson for me.

Thanks for the great advice.

There is a drain that runs the full length of the shop just off to the left of the wall you`re referring to. Plus a dedicated wash bay at the back of the building.

Trying to hire some helpers or even experienced detailers now. The work the these folks are ready to give me plus my own pre-marketing.. I couldn`t handle it alone. Going to slow the demand till I get my feet wet - pun intended.

:autopia:

dfbjr1
01-29-2012, 04:53 PM
Very nice indeed! Best of luck to you!

Concours.John
01-29-2012, 05:57 PM
Thanks all for you well wishes and support.

This space is actually what used to be a new car dealers shop; 8 lifts of more (now removed). They are letting me have use of all or part of it as need be. They are just the most easy going family I have ever met. Not your typical hard driving used car salesman types at all.

The dealership is now a `park and consign` type business with a second smallish used car business in the rear.

Thanks for the great advice.

There is a drain that runs the full length of the shop just off to the left of the wall you`re referring to. Plus a dedicated wash bay at the back of the building.

Trying to hire some helpers or even experienced detailers now. The work the these folks are ready to give me plus my own pre-marketing.. I couldn`t handle it alone. Going to slow the demand till I get my feet wet - pun intended.

:autopia:

I took it slow my first year to make sure I could keep up the books and not get in trouble tax wise. If you can find an accountant to help you organize your receipts and expenses based on what you do, it will be a great burden off your shoulders and well worth the money. Try and keep it simple the first year as far as invetory and such. There is a fine line between all tax wise. You dont want all the paperwork as a bigger business than you have.

Truly Best of Luck!

gumball
01-30-2012, 03:30 AM
Congrats on the new shop, looks awesome.wish I could find something for "next to nothing"

rwright
01-30-2012, 07:31 AM
Very, very nice! If the company is providing you with lot cars then you will learn a lot, volume work is a different animal so be prepared that every car doesn`t have to be perfect. But if you have the time to make each one close to it then go for it, as long as you`re getting paid to do so. I wish you the best of luck on a very successful business :)