PDA

View Full Version : MF Cleaning

Woob
04-25-2004, 03:09 PM
How many MF do you own and what intervals do you clean them?

I run 17 at the moment and I can`t seem to have any spare! Thanks to S&W :lmfao Now I`m thinking of buying more and setting some MF aside to the rim and interior.

TQB
04-25-2004, 04:29 PM
I currently have 16

Focusedonsound
04-25-2004, 08:23 PM
I have 13 and use them just for 1 car ...

zesty-man
04-25-2004, 08:25 PM
i got 10, and planning on getting maybe a couple more. thank pak shak for that ^^

awd330
04-25-2004, 08:26 PM
At this moment I have about 90 MF towels. The total number flutuates over time. I buy/try new towels, and then give away the ones that I don`t like. As a detailing enthusiast, I like to keep between 75 and 100 towels on hand in a variety of weaves and sizes. With that quantity, I`m never short of towels and they don`t take up more space than is warranted. I also don`t wind up doing a load of laundry for just a dozen or so towels (waste of time, water, and electricity/gas). I rinse my soiled towels and then place them into a plastic bag the size of the ones you get at the supermarket. When the bag fills up, it`s time to do laundry.

Coastal Eddie
04-25-2004, 08:51 PM
A few hundred of all shapes and sizes, and we use a large amount of them weekly. We also lose way too many to carlessness and people with sticky fingers.

This week I`m breaking out a box of 100 of various shapes and sizes from Poorboy. I had them stashed but why wait, Spring has Sprung.

I wash and fold twice a week. :(

Focusedonsound
04-25-2004, 09:39 PM
last month i picked up a package of (decent size) i don`t know the size off th top of my head .... 12 in costco for 4.99 .. i didn`t think it was a bad deal

groebuck
04-25-2004, 11:34 PM
Hey bud! - I have about 25- 30 some general use - then the ones that I let touch the car ;) - three Mullet wax Ulitmate Polishing Cloths - one PB, Three Waffle Weaves from Dwayne and a few other good quality ones - right now Bj Wholesale has a pack of 25 for 12 bucks but they are really thin - I would not use them for anything other than interor cleaning - things like that.

The Chee
04-26-2004, 04:38 AM
Where`s d best place to get MF towels for d best price now (online I mean)?seems like a couple of places are having offers eg, adam, autogeek etc? Best Bang for the buck :dj

Btw what should I use for hand polishing eg SSR? MF?
(I don`t have PC yet :rolleyes: )

groebuck
04-26-2004, 08:01 AM
Not sure about the best bang for the buck - but MF towels are something you should not cheap on - cheap ones will scratch your finish - I get mine from Dwayne - mullet wax, poorboy`s they are all good - a good MF will last a long time

Alex
04-26-2004, 10:18 AM
COSTCO

BaDm0theR
04-26-2004, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by The Chee
Where`s d best place to get MF towels for d best price now (online I mean)?seems like a couple of places are having offers eg, adam, autogeek etc? Best Bang for the buck :dj

The CHee: Ive tried MF/Waffle weave`s from both the generic cheapo`s at Wally world and other large retail stores. Likewise i also purchased quite a few towels from pakshak.com

If you read my MF/Waffle weave review, you`ll know what my answer will be.

Go with the best quality towel sold by a class act like Ranney....Pakshak.com all the way bro.

;)

CASEY
04-26-2004, 12:05 PM
PAKSHAK

awd330
04-26-2004, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by The Chee

Btw what should I use for hand polishing eg SSR? MF?
(I don`t have PC yet :rolleyes: )
MF towels are great for wiping off the SSRs, but you`ll probably need something with a little more bite to apply and "work" the products. Consider using cotton applicators or towels for that purpose.

There are many high quality towels available for reasonable prices. Poorboy`s, PakShak, and JT International would be my top choices for best bang for the buck.