PDA

View Full Version : How`s "new" BFWD compare to previous version?

Pages : [1] 2

Wax2aMax
01-26-2012, 10:07 AM
Was wondering what changes (if any) were made to the latest BFWD sealant?

BIOLINK
01-26-2012, 10:46 AM
New and improved for 2012 I`m gueesing. I just jumped in and bought a bottle. I`m sure I`ll know soon enough.

Wax2aMax
01-26-2012, 12:01 PM
Maybe Todd can comment. Description does not mention "new and improved"? Tough to improve BFWD. I may have missed something.

Mr. Gloss
01-26-2012, 12:16 PM
You`re probably going to achieve the same excellent results.

Flannigan
01-26-2012, 12:57 PM
I got my hands on some of the new BFWD a little while ago. It was mainly tweaked it seems like since the color, smell, and consistency are very similar, if not the same to the older BFWD. I have used it on a few vehicles now and can say that it is as good as the old stuff, if not a little better. I swear it seems slicker, on removal and after it`s removed. I thought it may have been in my head so I asked my wife and a friend of mine to touch a hood that had the older BFWD on one side and the newer on the other. They both said they felt the newer side was slicker, and that was without me telling them what was where. Also the best part of the new formula....NO DUST! I have not had one issue with the new formular dusting. For me, that is more than enough of a reason to buy it.

I`m wasn`t planning on doing a huge in depth write up since it is so similar to the old formula, at least to me. In a while I will be able to comment on the durability. I`m hoping it will last a little longer since they added more polymers, but we will just have to wait and see.

BIOLINK
01-26-2012, 01:06 PM
I got my hands on some of the new BFWD a little while ago. It was mainly tweaked it seems like since the color, smell, and consistency are very similar, if not the same to the older BFWD. I have used it on a few vehicles now and can say that it is as good as the old stuff, if not a little better. I swear it seems slicker, on removal and after it`s removed. I thought it may have been in my head so I asked my wife and a friend of mine to touch a hood that had the older BFWD on one side and the newer on the other. They both said they felt the newer side was slicker, and that was without me telling them what was where. Also the best part of the new formula....NO DUST! I have not had one issue with the new formular dusting. For me, that is more than enough of a reason to buy it.

I`m wasn`t planning on doing a huge in depth write up since it is so similar to the old formula, at least to me. In a while I will be able to comment on the durability. I`m hoping it will last a little longer since they added more polymers, but we will just have to wait and see.
Can`t wait. Thanks for you feedback.

Pats300zx
01-26-2012, 01:11 PM

Thanks for the info. I was always wondering how much better the new version was. :bigups

Wax2aMax
01-26-2012, 01:18 PM
Thanks Flannigan! In my OP I was curious, since I had read nothing on the new version.

Todd@RUPES
01-26-2012, 01:56 PM
Great insight Dave.

Old Pirate
01-26-2012, 02:00 PM
Thanks Dave for the information, looking forward to using it soon!

CT3
01-26-2012, 04:53 PM
Thanks for the info, I can`t wait to try the new version...once I burn up the bottle of BFWD I have right now.

CH.Detailing
01-26-2012, 05:20 PM
Two bottles to go before I`ll find out about the new stuff!

stillen
01-26-2012, 07:04 PM
giving me to many reasons to order this. ;)

Flannigan
01-26-2012, 07:05 PM
No problem guys, glad I could help!

Bunky
01-26-2012, 07:19 PM
Also the best part of the new formula....NO DUST! I have not had one issue with the new formular dusting. For me, that is more than enough of a reason to buy it.

You do not hear much about dusting with BFWD. I did not notice it much but I see it some with PL and WG DPS. It think it really more like static cling of the removed hazed product coming off the towel back on the paint.