PDA

View Full Version : The Blackfire Bandwagon

SGM2008
01-26-2012, 09:12 AM
Now that the new product line has been released, I have some questions before jumping on the Blackfire bandwagon.

My current process (with the appropriate wash & wipedown steps) is clay, polish and LSP. I`ve had success polishing with Menzerna Power Finish topped with Menzerna Power Lock Sealant or 1Z Einszett Glanz Wax.

What would be the advantage (protection/appearance/durability) in switching to Blackfire Wet Diamond over the Powerlock Sealant or Glanz Wax?

Is my current prep process sufficient for BFWD?

How much does topping the BFWD with Midnight Sun change that appearance?

Once the MS wears off, I`m assuming I still have my base layer of protection from the BFWD correct?

Finally, did I read previously there would be Blackfire sample sizes available for sale or were those samples just for the pre-release testers? If it`s the former, when will they be available?

Thanks!

Reality33
01-26-2012, 10:39 AM
What color is your car (or truck)?

I myself feel that on mid tones and dark colors, Wet diamond stands out and shows off what it can do the best. Saying that, It looks fantastic on light colors as well (especially if they are a metallic)

Yes, your current steps are sufficient for BFWD as Power Finish is ready to go after use. ( I always use a product like Menzerna top inspection or CarPro Eraser afterwards to just make sure the surface is residue free)

Topping WD with Midnight Sun (Wet ice over fire!) Really stands out. On dark and dark metallics, this combo is unbeatable IMHO and is what it gets used on for any dark metallic that runs through my shop.

On any color, you can`t loose. On lighter colors though, the WD is fantastic and you will love it.

When it comes to protection durability, here in FL I have gotten about 4-6 months out of WD depending on care of the vehicle and storage. I have seen the same with Power Lock, so durability is about the same.

SGM2008
01-26-2012, 11:02 AM
The color is BMW Space Gray Metallic. I`d put it right smack dab in the middle of their silver paint selections in terms of darkness.

BIOLINK
01-26-2012, 11:41 AM
I enjoyed really good results with Powerlock and it was a bit cheaper, but I`m going back to BFWD to top the TPnS with the same family of polymers. I really think it looks great on all colors.

Flannigan
01-26-2012, 12:49 PM
I personally didn`t like powerlock anymore after trying BFWD over a year ago. BFWD leaves a much slicker finish, that also lasts longer. Also, in my personal uses, BFWD has outlasted MPL by several months. I`m sure both products are good, but I like BFWD better than MPL.

SGM2008
01-27-2012, 08:20 AM
Can anyone confirm if there`ll eventually be sample sizes available of the new Blackfire products?

Todd@RUPES
01-27-2012, 09:03 AM
Can anyone confirm if there`ll eventually be sample sizes available of the new Blackfire products?

confirmed

Todd@RUPES
01-27-2012, 09:09 AM
Now that the new product line has been released, I have some questions before jumping on the Blackfire bandwagon.

My current process (with the appropriate wash & wipedown steps) is clay, polish and LSP. I`ve had success polishing with Menzerna Power Finish topped with Menzerna Power Lock Sealant or 1Z Einszett Glanz Wax.

This is a great combination!

What would be the advantage (protection/appearance/durability) in switching to Blackfire Wet Diamond over the Powerlock Sealant or Glanz Wax?

As a rule of thumb I avoid direct comparisons and would rather let BLACKFIRE and its users do the talking. Your current set up looks phenomenal, I`m sure.

Is my current prep process sufficient for BFWD?

If you mean by prepping with Menzerna Power Finish, then yes. BFWD is pretty user, and assuming most of the polish oil residue has been wiped clean, its going to work perfectly!

How much does topping the BFWD with Midnight Sun change that appearance?

Yes, it will create a deeper, even more 3D look. It is not necessary though, but with your color I think you will create a very wet `sheet of glass` that shimmers.

Once the MS wears off, I`m assuming I still have my base layer of protection from the BFWD correct?

Correct

[/QUOTE]Finally, did I read previously there would be Blackfire sample sizes available for sale or were those samples just for the pre-release testers? If it`s the former, when will they be available?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

I`m not sure when they will be available but I will check for you.

TroyScherer
01-27-2012, 09:39 AM
What product will be available in sample sizes?

SGM2008
01-27-2012, 03:20 PM
Todd ... Thanks for answering all my questions!

Bunky
01-27-2012, 08:33 PM
What product will be available in sample sizes?

I also would like know if a sampler kit will be available.