PDA

View Full Version : The essentials

Pro Shine
01-13-2012, 03:32 AM
Could someone email me a list of basic products I will need for mobile detailing I don`t need brands just the essentials

mjlinane
01-13-2012, 06:28 AM
APC - interior, exterior, tires, wheel wells, dried on wax, wheels (in a pinch), etc.
Paint cleaner - shampoo or rinseless
Paint decon - (if you offfer that service) clay, lube
Paint correction - (if you offer that service) compound or polish, polisher, pads.
LSP
Dressing - interior (vinyl and leather) and exterior (trim and tires)
Glass cleaner
Vacuum
MFs
Metal Polish
Water

CT3
01-13-2012, 07:01 AM
^That`s a pretty good list right there. You may want to add a spot treater for the interior as well to a aid in cleaning stains from carpet etc.

Van185
01-13-2012, 09:13 AM
I agree with the list. One thing that youmight do is just go to the exterior and interior product sections and figure out what kind of detailing that your looking to do and the price that your going to charge. If your just in the business of basic cleanup and polishing you will not need all the same products as if your going to be show car detailing. Your customer base will depend on your product needs. Be sure and get a grit guard for your cleaning bucket no mater what your doing though it makes a big difference.

Pro Shine
01-13-2012, 11:36 AM
Thanks! I am going to be offering full service detailing the whole 9 and I plan on starting my prices right around what the others are I do good work I don`t wanna sell myself short just to get my foot in the door

Todd@RUPES
02-14-2012, 09:03 AM
Thanks! I am going to be offering full service detailing the whole 9 and I plan on starting my prices right around what the others are I do good work I don`t wanna sell myself short just to get my foot in the door

I would consider charging more then your competition and projecting an image of quality. Find what is going to make your business unique and stick with that vs. competing directly against others (which makes them competition).