PDA

View Full Version : Oh Just Do The Inside

Beemerboy
04-24-2004, 10:17 AM
Yeaterday I did a Ford Focus the little SUV they have out. I gave the guy my price for a full detail $200 he said OK and we agreed on the day. Went to pickup the car and he says, lets just do the inside, and I`ll have the rest done later. I`m thinking what a waste of time, but its a job so lets get on it.

Car comes out looking great, but of course you can`t turn back a dirty outside, so I used S&W to do a quick clean up, then clean the windows. Take the car back and the very first thing the customer says looking inside at my work, I should have had the whole thing done.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Then he asks when can I get that done, gave him the day and he asked what is the cost for the inside, 100 bucks. THen he asks what the cost is to do the ouside, 125 bucks, I then quickly before he says anything, I make my money doing the full details, since I will have to pickup and delivery this car twice driving 15 miles each way that`s a service charge. Shurgs his shoulders a bit and says yea I understand, should have got the whole thing done at once.

Note to self :cool Always sell the full detail and charge more for the half jobs to intice the customer to do the full detail

Lesson Learned

gentletouch
04-24-2004, 11:43 AM
I get that a lot. Give someone a quote and then get the ole "How much for just the outside/inside?" Don`t you just hate that?

shotime
04-24-2004, 01:50 PM
I also love it when the customers think they know what thier car needs. The inside`s not that bad, just do the outside.....and the inside is a pig pen. I almost have to hold myself back from doing it.......

AtlantaBoy
04-24-2004, 05:26 PM
Yea I get, "Just do the outside". But I won`t pick it up if they say that. Very true BemmerBoy, sell the full detail if you can.

Focusedonsound
04-24-2004, 08:46 PM
coming from a customer stand point. What if im the type of person that keeps the interior clean just because i know how to ... but i like to get the outside of my car detailed twice a year ... your going to screw me for that ...

you should look out for loyal custmers as well ...

brianjake99
04-24-2004, 09:29 PM
At my shop, for SUV`s, I charde 149 for fulls and 85 for just the int. or the ext.

gentletouch
04-24-2004, 10:10 PM
I think you are missing the point here Focus. We are talking about folks who think they are gonna save a little money by only having 1 service done, when in actuality you know they were calling to have the whole thing done. Detailing is not a cheap service. But i know, if you haven`t ever had it done you don`t really know what to expect as far as price.

bigron62
04-24-2004, 10:22 PM
you bring up a good point . in my broucheres i offer full detail and i also offer it broken up . when i run out of broucheres im going to change them and remove the interior only package . and the wash and wax package because the wash and wax is a full detail minus the extractor work inside. also i dont think i want other people who see my work to see great paint work but a pigpen interior and think that this what my work looks like . im going to go with full detail and then offer maintenance packages for upkeep .. IM LEARNING AS I GO..