PDA

View Full Version : BLACKFIRE 5 Step Paint Care Cycle: Create Whiplash

Pages : [1] 2

Todd@RUPES
01-10-2012, 12:36 PM
The BLACKFIRE 5 Step Paint Care Cycle

BLACKFIRE Car Care is dedicated to creating the ultimate shine. Cars that look good turn heads, but turning heads is not enough. We want to create WHIPLASH. BLACKFIRE has a complete line of premium car care products that are designed to not only create a neck-snapping shine on your but maintain it so the heads keep whipping.

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x121/tropicaldetailing/blackfire/5%20Step%20Paint/NewIntro.jpg

The BLACKFIRE 5 Step Paint Car Cycle:

Why does it take five steps to create whipash? The BLACKFIRE 5 Step Paint Car Cycle is built around the same steps detailers and enthusiasts have used for years to keep their finish looking great. It has often been argued that products of poorer quality, when used properly, will outshine good products that are used incorrectly. Combine the proper steps with a good product and you will get great results. Combine the proper steps with BLACKFIRE and you will get whiplash.

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x121/tropicaldetailing/blackfire/5%20Step%20Paint/1wash.jpg
Step 1- Wash

The first step in creating or maintaining whiplash is washing and drying your car with quality products and precise technique. All paint systems are scratch sensitive. Anytime dirt or grit is rubbed against the paint or clear coat (referred to as paint) it creates microscopic scratches. The scratches cause light to diffuse instead of reflect. As the scratches accumulate the reflection diffuses and the paint becomes dull. All three BLACKFIRE car wash products use the Wet Diamond tri-polymer combination to encapsulate dirt and protect the paint`s surface as you wash. The polymers that blanket the paint and protect it during the wash also bond to the existing protection to reinforce it and increase shine.

It is always best to wash your car in the shade out of direct sunlight. Use a high quality wash mitt or sponge, known as wash media. It is best to use an adequate amount of water and to protect your BLACKFIRE wash solution use a Grit-Guard wash insert. BLACKFIRE offers 5 gallon wash buckets in various colors with a Grit-Guard included. For extra protection and better results use a second wash 5 Gallon BLACKFIRE wash bucket filled with water to rinse your wash media out frequently.

Traditional Washing with BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond Conditioning Shampoo
Traditional washing consists of using a car soap solution and ample amounts of free-running water to remove dirt. BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond Gloss Enhancing Shampoo is a very slick car soap which uses TUFF SUDS II technology and Wet Diamond polymers to encapsulate dirt and protect the cars finish. Traditional washing is best performed using a method known as The Two-Bucket Method. It is recommended to always use a Two-Bucket Method where a second bucket is used to rinse out your wash media frequently. Wash and rinse each section of the car separately making sure to use an ample amount of solution.

Rinseless Washing with BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond Rinseless Wash
BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond Rinseless Wash uses a super high concentration of Wet Diamond polymers to tightly encapsulate grit and dirt, allowing it to be wiped away from the paint`s surface with out rinsing. Squeeze an ample amount of Wet Diamond Rinseless Wash solution (after mixing it with water) onto the section to be washed and clean gently. Dry the section before moving on to the next section. BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond Rinseless Wash is idea for water restricted areas, washing in the garage during cold temperatures, or when water isn`t readily available. Many enthusiasts and professionals prefer this method of washing.

Waterless Washing with BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond Waterless Wash
BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond Waterless Wash is high lubricity waterless wash uses BLACKFIRE`s proprietary Wet Diamond polymers to encapsulate dirt and dust so they wipe away with out scratching. The Wet Diamond polymers also bond to the paint to reinforce existing protection and create a whiplash inducing shine. Waterless Wash products are limited. If you use them on a heavily soiled car you will likely overide the ability of the product to remove dirt safely. BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond Waterless Spray is no exception, it does have it`s limit. However the limits has been pushed higher and it handles moderate soiling (when used with a plush towel and proper technique) with no scratching. As a benefit you get to enjoy the same shine, slickness, and water beading characteristics as Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection!

For more information on proper washing procedure including proper drying techniques please click on these links:
LINK
LINK
LINK

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x121/tropicaldetailing/blackfire/5%20Step%20Paint/2clean.jpg
Step 2- Clean

The second step in detailing your car and creating whiplash is to remove any impurities from the paint`s surface by deep cleaning the paint with detailing clay, also know as paint decontamination. Your car is bombarded by environmental elements such as industrial fall out, paint over-spray, rail-dust, or high-calcium water spots. These elements can attach themselves to the paint and cannot be removed by washing. BLA Frequently washing your vehicle using BLACKFIRE products and using a BLACKFIRE paint sealant or car wax will greatly reduce the amount of contamination that sticks to the paint, but using BLACKFIRE Polyclay as needed will keep your finish pure and looking great.

The best way to see if your car will benefit from BLACKFIRE Polyclay detailing clay is to inspect the finish. Paint contamination is sometimes visible but the best way of determining if it is present is by touch. To inspect your paint for contamination, lightly rub your finger tips over it. You can place your hand in a plastic bag to increase your sensitivity. Clean and healthy paint should feel very smooth. If you feel small bumps, a rough sand paper like feel, or a pebble like texture your paint needs to be deep cleaned. You should inspect your paint frequently by touch and decontaminate when needed. The rear of your car including the trunk lid, (engine cover if rear/mid-engined), and rear bumper tend to be the first to become soiled due to aerodynamic flow.

Cleaning the paint by claying with BLACKFIRE Polyclay
BLACKFIRE Polyclay is a highly engineered piece of polybuetene synthetic clay that works by floating over the paint surface on a lubricant and gently abrading any bonded contamination. After washing and drying your car completely, spray BLACKFIRE Clay Lubricant to gently glide the Polyclay over the surface in a back and forth motion. You can feel the Polyclay work as the paint becomes smooth to the touch. Work a 2` x 2` section at a time and wipe away the lubricant with a quality Cobra microfiber towel to reveal a smooth paint finish

Improve clay`s performance with BLACKFIRE Clay Lubricant
BLACKFIRE Clay Lubricant is an extremely high lubricty formula that allows BLACKFIRE Polyclay to gently float over the surface. This focus the clay action on the contamination and not the paint which helps keep your paint swirl free. BLACKFIRE Clay Lubricant also works to clean any clay residue off the paint and keep new residue from sticking. It is engineered to condition synthetic clay as well, which keeps it from drying out or becoming brittle.

Extend the life of your Clay with BLACKFIRE Clay Cleaner & Extender
BLACKFIRE Clay Cleaner & Extender is a cleaning solution for your BLACKFIRE Polyclay. As Polyclay cleans contamination from the paint the surface of the clay becomes soiled. Traditionally clay is then folded in half to reveal a new clean section. After multiple uses the clay becomes so saturated with contamination that it looses its effectiveness and becomes more likely to scratch. By misting the soiled surface of clay with BLACKFIRE Clay Cleaner & Extender and rinsing with water you prior to folding the clay you will greatly extend the life of the bar.

For more detailed information on using the BLACKFIRE Polyclay system please click on these links:
LINK
LINK

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x121/tropicaldetailing/blackfire/5%20Step%20Paint/3polish.jpg
Step 3- Polish

With the paint washed and free of contamination it will look much better. The next step in creating whiplash is polish the paint to a mirror smooth finish so that light reflects brilliantly. Less than ideal wash methods and less than perfect care will dull the paint over time. This is because reflected light will disperse amongst the varying angles caused by the microscopic scratches instead of reflecting evenly. Polishing the paint, also known as paint correction or surface enhancement, will level out the imperfections in the paint and make a dramatic increase in the paint`s shine.

BLACKFIRE overs a range of extremely high quality polishes that use the latest technologies to create an amazing shine.

BLACKFIRE Gloss Enhancing Polish
Gloss Enhancing Polish is what is known as a pre-wax cleaner and glaze. It is perfect for paint that is new or like new condition. Use Gloss Enhancing Polish to remove previous layers of wax and sealant or to create a visibly smooth reflective surface. Gloss Enhancing Polish creates a smooth, mirror like finish by rounding over the edges of microscopic swirl marks while glazing agents help fill in minor imperfections. Gloss Enhancing Polish is perfect for hand, dual-action orbital, and rotary polishers. BLACKFIRE Gloss Enhancing Polish wets the surface and primes the paint in preparation for BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection, BLACKFIRE Crystal Seal, or BLACKFIRE Midnight Sun Ivory Carnauba Paste.

BLACKFIRE Scratch Resistant Clear Finishing Polish
BLACKFIRE Scratch Resistant Clear Finishing Polish is an extremely fine polish that is still strong enough to remove swirl marks while creating a pure-high gloss finish on all paint systems including single stage lacquers, enamels, and modern scratch resistant clear-coats. The unique nano sized diminishing abrasives remove swirl marks with out creating new ones. Use BLACKFIRE to remove light swirls, restore gloss, or as a follow up step to using BLACKFIRE Scratch Resistant Clear Compound. Use by hand, dual-action orbital, or rotary polisher to burnish the paint to mirror like shine.

BLACKFIRE Scratch Resistant Clear Compound
BLACKFIRE Scratch Resistant Clear Compound is a fine polish that removes moderate imperfections such as light scratches, water spots, bird and bug etching, while improving gloss. Due to the advanced and ultra precise diminishing abrasives SRC Compound is safe while remaining powerful. Use with a dual-action orbital or rotary polisher and then follow with BLACKFIRE SRC Finishing Polish or BLACKFIRE Gloss Enhancing Polish for best results.

Additionally BLACKFIRE Car Care offers two products to make your polishing experience better.

BLACKFIRE Advanced Pad Cleaner
Polishing pads becomes caked with polish residue which dramatically reduces their performance. BLACKFIRE Advanced Pad Cleaner is an easy-to-use, environmentally friendly cleaning solution designed to remove polishing oils, residue, and wax from foam and wool polishing pads quickly. Simply mist onto a dirty pad, brush if needed, and hose off. Spin your polishing pad dry on your polisher and allow to air dry completely before next use.

BLACKFIRE Advanced Pad Conditioner
Polishes have built in lubricants that allow the polishing pad to slide over the surface while the abrasives in the polish work. It is a fine tuned system. Use Advanced Pad Conditioner to prime dry pads to prevent dry buffing and reduce buffer chatter. Advanced Pad Conditioner will provide temporary lubrication while encouraging the polish to spread across the face of the pad. Dry buffing, pad skip, and buffer chatter are eliminated with Advanced Pad Conditioner.

BLACKFIRE Paint Polishes are carefully engineered to give professionals, enthusiasts, and beginning polishers amazing results with minimal effort when applied by machines. To learn more about creating whiplash with BLACKFIRE polishes click on these links:
LINK
LINK
LINK

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x121/tropicaldetailing/blackfire/5%20Step%20Paint/4protect.jpg
Step 4- Protect

With your paint decontaminated and highly polished it will look like dramatically better. Now it is time to add the icing on the cake, create that final piece of shine, and snap-heads with vertebrae cracking whiplash! BLACKFIRE Car Care offers the finest in natural carnauba waxes and polymer sealants. BLACKFIRE is built around a Wet Diamond tri-polymer system that uses the finest imported polymers, carefully tested and selected to work together to create a 3 dimensional shine that is as deep as it is reflective.

BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection
BLACKFIRE Wet Diamind All Finish Paint Protection is one of the most popular and highest reviewed premium paint sealant available today. It is armed with a huge concentration of Wet Diamond polymers that create a unique look on the paint surface. It creates the depth and color saturation of a carnauba wax while having the high gloss and refectivity of a paint sealant. Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection is extremely easy to apply and buffs off completely. It also leaves the paint feeling incredibably slick. Apply BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection by hand or dual-action orbital machine with a soft applicator pad. Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection is perfect as a stand alone sealant and even better when used in combinatio with Midnight Sun Ivory Carnabua Wax to create BLACKFIRE`s signature look: “Wet Ice over Fire.”

BLACKFIRE Midnight Sun Ivory Carnauba Paste
BLACKFIRE Midnight Sun Ivory Carnauba Paste Wax brings out the best in all paint finishes with a combination of super-refined carnauba wax blended with nourishing oils and German polymers. This wax creates incredible depth of shine on all paint colors with a hard, protective barrier to the elements. BLACKFIRE Midnight Sun Ivory Carnauba Paste Wax is perfect on top of Blackfire Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection or by itself. It glimmers with depth either way!

BLACKFIRE Crystal Seal
BLACKFIRE Crystal Seal is a self-leveling, self-curing paint sealant that requires no buff-off. Simply mist on to the paint, spread with a microfiber applicator into a thin even coat, and walk-away. The high concentration of Wet Diamond polymers will level and cure to the paint creating a deep, rich, three dimensional shine. You can use Crystal seal on top of any BLACKFIRE product although for the absolute best performance use it on top of Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection or Wet Diamond Total Seal and Polish.

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x121/tropicaldetailing/blackfire/5%20Step%20Paint/5maintain.jpg
Step-5 Maintain.

The most important step in keeping your finish looking its best is to use precise washing techniques. To keep your ride creating WHIPLASH use the BLACKFIRE wash products as they strengthen and reinforce your existing BLACKFIRE protection.

BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond Polymer Spray
Wet Diamond Polymer Spray can be used over any sealant or car wax to extend the protection and lightly clean the surface. The heavy load of Wet Diamond Polymers makes it especially suited for use over Wet Diamond products. This polymers in the mist will bond to and reinforce existing protection, giving your paint that freshly detailed look and boosting protection. Mist on, wipe in, and buff to a brilliantly slick shine. Wet Diamond Polymer spray can also be used as a stand alone product.

BLACKFIRE Midnight Sun Instant Carnauba Detailer.

Midnight Sun Instant Detailer features finely ground and emulsified ivory carnauba wax and Wet Diamond polymers. It is easy to use and will add protection to any wax or sealant. You can also use Instant Detailer to clean light dust, finger prints, and smudges, as well as a drying aid to remove water when toweling your ride dry. Instant Detailer gives the paint a warm, rich shine and durable carnauba protection.

Todd@RUPES
01-27-2012, 02:21 PM
Links will be added when all product how-to`s are posted.

mjlinane
01-27-2012, 02:25 PM
Nicely done. Clearly shows where each product is used.

steve1972
01-27-2012, 03:52 PM
very nice way of letting everyone know what order to use each product. but isnt that really a potentionally an 8step cycle? there could be 3 polishing steps and 2 protection steps

Todd@RUPES
01-27-2012, 04:21 PM
very nice way of letting everyone know what order to use each product. but isnt that really a potentionally an 8step cycle? there could be 3 polishing steps and 2 protection steps

It`s ultimately as many steps as you want it, the goal was to highlight which products fit in which stage. Total Polish N Seal being the odd one out because it cleans, polishes, and protects in one step. :bigups

IID
01-27-2012, 06:57 PM
This would make one heck of a banner for the work shop:

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x121/tropicaldetailing/blackfire/5%20Step%20Paint/NewIntro.jpg

Great job on the wrie-up Todd.

mwtaco
01-27-2012, 08:27 PM
nice post.

i have a question for you todd:

why is it called "wet ice over fire" when the midnight sun (fire) goes over the wet diamond (ice)? that would be fire over wet ice.

tw33k2514
01-27-2012, 10:10 PM
Reminds me of the Meguiars system. Very well done indeed!

That is something I could perhaps give to a customer who is wanting to maintain there car after a detail.

TroyScherer
01-28-2012, 08:33 AM
I like this very much!!! I think this would make a great tri-fold handout. With the main layout on one side and the breakdown on the back. I would give customers a true system process to look at and possibly follow.

Todd@RUPES
01-30-2012, 07:32 AM
Nicely done. Clearly shows where each product is used.

Thanks

This would make one heck of a banner for the work shop:

Great job on the wrie-up Todd.

I agree!

nice post.

i have a question for you todd:

why is it called "wet ice over fire" when the midnight sun (fire) goes over the wet diamond (ice)? that would be fire over wet ice.

The term was originally coined by BLACKFIRE`s founder. I think we describing the three dimensional look created by the different products, that is water, ice, and fire, and with water and ice being transparent (or semi transparent) with the glow of the fire underneath, I think it works.

Reminds me of the Meguiars system. Very well done indeed!

That is something I could perhaps give to a customer who is wanting to maintain there car after a detail.

Thank you!

I like this very much!!! I think this would make a great tri-fold handout. With the main layout on one side and the breakdown on the back. I would give customers a true system process to look at and possibly follow.

That`s a great idea Troy. :bigups

BobbyG
01-30-2012, 07:46 AM
Todd,

Your posts are always clear and very informative. They are invaluable to both the novice and experienced detailer simplifying their decision making.

Thanks for all the work and effort that went into this thread!! :bigups

Bookmarked!! :yourrock

Todd@RUPES
02-01-2012, 11:40 AM
Todd,

Your posts are always clear and very informative. They are invaluable to both the novice and experienced detailer simplifying their decision making.

Thanks for all the work and effort that went into this thread!! :bigups

Bookmarked!! :yourrock

Bobby, thank you so much

cdoo932
02-01-2012, 12:46 PM
I must agree that Todds post are first class to say the least. I also love how Todd takes the time to post back to you. Thumbs up for sure!

Todd@RUPES
02-01-2012, 02:21 PM
I must agree that Todds post are first class to say the least. I also love how Todd takes the time to post back to you. Thumbs up for sure!

I was considering not replying but then that would contradict what you just said. :rofl

Thank you very much for the compliments!:yourrock

kmh1596
04-18-2013, 01:36 PM
Todd,

Is there an updated version of this guide, given the new products released over the last year? In particular, where does Black Ice fit in?