PDA

View Full Version : Well I finally did it!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

RootsRadical
01-09-2012, 06:01 PM
So about 4 or 5 years ago my wife and I had our second child and there was just no time for a sports car - especially a two seater. So I sold my low-mileage 1989 corvette (which I purchased in 1999) with the promise that, one day, I would own another toy. Well, after some years of saving (and my wife making good on her pledge that my "corvette money" could be saved for another sports car) and some stressful investing in the stock market, I just purchased my dream car: a 2012 Dodge Challenger SRT-8!

Granted I won`t be able to drive it until the Spring, but that just leaves plenty of time for detailing it. Here`s some pics:

(And thanks, Todd, for talking paint with me!)

-J

P.S. For some reason, the website is only letting me post a pic of the corvette. Autopia is obviously biased in favor of Chevy! I will keep trying...maybe it`s the size or the resolution.

Rocket
01-09-2012, 06:11 PM
I can`t wait to see the Challenger. I bought my TA when I was 19 and I had just bought my truck about a year before. My mom told me to enjoy it while I could because when I have children things will change and I may not be able to do those things later. I hope I`m able to continue to be in a position to do things like I do but if not then I hope I can save enough to do at least something every now and then.

RootsRadical
01-09-2012, 06:14 PM
Yep, it was the size. Had to crop `em. Here`s a couple pics of the new car. I can`t wait until Spring!

BobbyG
01-09-2012, 06:17 PM
Congratulations on the new Challenger SRT!! :yourrock

These are unbelievably gorgeous and some of the colors and options can make a grown man drool like a child.

I`m really looking forward to seeing it. :bigups

mwtaco
01-09-2012, 06:18 PM
wow. nice. and black too. did they deliver it to your house? srt8... is that the most powerful challenger available?

RootsRadical
01-09-2012, 06:41 PM
Thanks, guys. Yeah, it`s the biggest, most powerful engine Dodge offers - at least until they reintroduce the Viper. It`s a "392" or 6.4L. I drove about 2.5 hours to see the car and the dealer trailered it to my house the next day. I`ll try to post a few more pics later...including a few pics of the other Challenger I was looking at before this one. You won`t believe what the paint looked like!

I gotta take my son to swimming in a minute but I will check back tonight or tomorrow and try to post those pics.

-J

CT3
01-09-2012, 06:45 PM
Nice choice, I love it! You got the 392, the best one! A chally 392 is in my future, probably 2 years from now, but that`s the car I want(unless I hit it big and get the cts-v coupe). I can`t wait until Spring when you show us some more pics.

blk5.0
01-09-2012, 06:47 PM
When I 1st heard they were coming out I always wanted te orange srt-8. There big cars feels like detailing a mini truck but I love them

SS 07C70
01-09-2012, 06:55 PM
Yep, it was the size. Had to crop `em. Here`s a couple pics of the new car. I can`t wait until Spring!

That is one VERY SWEET toy you got there, sure you`ll enjoy! Bet you`re telling yourself how well worth it, it was to wait.

rzatch
01-09-2012, 07:33 PM
Congratulations on your new car it sure is nice looking. And good for you that the promise was kept and your finances were such that you could take advantage of it.

rider9195
01-09-2012, 08:02 PM
Congrats on the new car! Your patience worked out for ya. Please tell me you got the 6 speed manual.

Old Pirate
01-09-2012, 09:46 PM
Congratulations on your new toy! I had to give up my L82 many years ago also. Love to see the Tripe Black Toy of yours in the spring after you spend some time with it this winter! :drool::drool::drool:

Stokdgs
01-09-2012, 09:55 PM
Roots Radical _

Congratulations !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beautiful, flawless, design and power !!!

I was there when the original one came out, and this one is so much smoother and faster!!!

Great job !!

Dan F

Todd@RUPES
01-10-2012, 12:32 AM
Congrats my friend! That thing is SWEET! It was my pleasure chatting with you the other night, I`m glad you pulled the trigger! You deserve it!

mwtaco
01-10-2012, 09:11 AM
Thanks, guys. Yeah, it`s the biggest, most powerful engine Dodge offers - at least until they reintroduce the Viper. It`s a "392" or 6.4L. I drove about 2.5 hours to see the car and the dealer trailered it to my house the next day. I`ll try to post a few more pics later...including a few pics of the other Challenger I was looking at before this one. You won`t believe what the paint looked like!

I gotta take my son to swimming in a minute but I will check back tonight or tomorrow and try to post those pics.

-J

you made a nice choice. is it going to be a garage queen? it would be a beautiful car to pass down generations.